The European Union (EU) is a unique economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Georgia has a mandate that includes promoting the political and economic relations between the European Union and Georgia, monitoring the implementation of the Association Agreement and disseminating information on the tangible benefits of the EU´s policies and programmes.
- We offer a post of Press and Information Officer (Outreach and Analysis) in the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section. On this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
Functions and duties
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section:
- monitor and analyse trends and developments in the information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU's values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
- alert the EU Delegation and EEAS Headquarters on trends and vulnerabilities in the information environment, facilitate the anticipation of threats to the EU´s interests and reputation, with the aim of introducing preventive measures;
- assist in the design, implementation and coordination of campaigns, local outreach events and communications projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to address disinformation targeting the EU and its partnership with Georgia;
- establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in the country to facilitate analysis, awareness raising and resilience building on disinformation;
- write reports as necessary on disinformation and related topics;
- maintain the Head of Delegation and Head of Section updated on news as necessary;
- provide back-up to the other Press and Information Officers in their absence;
- closely cooperate with Headquarters, in particular with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Forces;
- perform other tasks as designated by the Head of Section or Head of Delegation.
The successful candidate will be based in Tbilisi. The working time is 37.5 hours/week. The contract ("local agent" type contract - Group I) will be concluded as an unlimited term contract and will be subject to local legislation.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Candidates for this local agent post should:
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma, preferably in journalism, communication, political science, international relations, economics or another related field;
- have at least three years of proven relevant professional experience in communication, preferably in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- have a strong command of Georgian, English and Russian languages;
- be a national of Georgia or a national of a Member State of the European Union having the right to live and work in Georgia;
- have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- be medically fit to perform the required duties;
- enjoy civil rights and hold any relevant permit for employment under local law.
- have a proven knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the European Union;
- have a proven track record in communication and public diplomacy (e.g. strategic communication, media relations, campaigning, content production, marketing, online marketing, social media management, audio-visual content development, strategic communication in countering disinformation);
- have very strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement, rapid grasp of problems and the capacity to identify issues and solutions;
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts both within and outside the EU Delegation;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- be resilient and able to cope with a high workload;
- be a motivated team player;
- abide by the highest professional standards and values of the EU.
- experience in working in a team in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with social media analytics;
- experience in public speaking will be an asset.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents (as requested below) to DELEGATION-GEORGIA-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu. The subject of the email should be: Press and Information Officer.
The package should include:
- A cover/motivation letter in English
- A detailed CV in English (preferably in the Europass format)
- Certificates evidencing the minimum requirements for education and work experience.
Please do not include other documents/scans not linked to the minimum requirements.
For any queries concerning this procedure please contact us at: DELEGATION-GEORGIA-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu
After the deadline, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the short-listed candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this vacancy notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 31 July 2020 at 18:00 Tbilisi local time