The European Union and its Member States together make a larger financial contribution to sustainable development than all other countries combined. Across the world, EU-funded development projects come in all shapes and sizes, but all of them focus on at least one of these five themes:
1. People: End poverty and hunger in all forms and ensure dignity and equality.
2. Planet. Protect future generations from environmental destruction and resource depletion.
3. Prosperity. Ensure prosperous and fulfilling lives in harmony with nature.
4. Peace. Create peaceful, just and inclusive societies.
5. Partnership. Implement development work through a solid global partnership.
Read this report about the EU's global work to support sustainable development: