The European Union (EU) Delegation to Indonesia proudly presents
Comic & Cartoon Drawing Competition
Think Equal, Think Girls!
What comes to mind when you reflect on girls’ rights?
Express your creativity! Show us what comes to mind when you reflect on girls’ rights. Illustrate what are the prevailing situations and what changes you would like to see.
Rules & Guidelines
- This competition is open to Indonesian citizens, ages 17 or older and domiciled in Indonesia.
- Your comic or cartoon must be without words.
- Your submission can be composed of one drawing or a series, maximum six boxes and fitting on an A4 page (210 mm x 297 mm).
- The resolution of your drawing must be 300 dpi (minimum).
- Brief explanation on the artworks must be sent along with the drawing.
- You may submit more than one artwork (maximum three).
- The artwork must be original, unpublished and unproduced. Any piece posted online, anywhere other than a personal blog, is considered published, and will not be eligible.
- Your comic or cartoon must respect the Rules & Guidelines of the competition.
- Together with the drawing(s), participants must submit a copy of a valid ID, a completed Entry Form and a signed of Release & Waiver Form
- Please send your drawings to email@example.com and mention "Submission for Comic and Cartoon Competition" in the subject of your e-mail.
Please read the complete Rules and Guidelines (revised: age limit & deadline for submission are extended)
Get started soon: only the first 500 artworks will be accepted
Deadline to submit: Sunday, 10 November 2019
Submission is free!
1st place winner: MacBook
2nd and 3rdplace: iPad
4th to 12th place: Wacom Drawing Tool
- H.E. Vincent Piket, EU Ambassador to Indonesia
- Ms Yuyun Wahyuningrum, Representative of Indonesia to the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human RIghts (AICHR)
- Mr Mohammad "Emte" Taufiq, Illustrator & Artist
The 12 top artworks will be exhibited in Jakarta to celebrate:
- International Day of the Girl Child (11 October)
- 30th Anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (20 November 2019)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November)
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence (25 November to 10 December)
- Human Rights Day (10 December)
Release & Waiver Form
Rules and Guidelines (revised: age limit & deadline for submission are extended)