DELEGATION OF THE EU TO THE REPUBLIC OF THE GAMBIA
ACCOUNTS CLERK (Group III of the Local Agents' salary grid) in the Administrative Section of the Delegation of the European Union in The Gambia.
Contract period: unlimited, with a probation period of 3 months
Deadline for submission: 15th February 2019 at 17.00 hrs
Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Diploma related to the function (accountant)
- Other relevant diplomas might be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years work experience in relevant functions
- Experience in Administration and ability to perform a diversity of tasks.
- Very good knowledge of IT and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willing to learn and to be trained in new applications and routines
- Perfect knowledge of English
- Very good communication skills.
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Knowledge of local languages would be an asset
Functions and Responsibilities
- Verify and initiate invoices in the accounting system
- Calculate and process medical claims of staff members
- Calculate and process mission expenses of staff members
- Assist with the monthly bank reconciliations of the Imprest Account
- Deal with suppliers and contractors on administrative issues
- Prepare payment orders and relevant correspondence to suppliers/contractors
- Any other administrative work as assigned in accordance with the needs of the Administrative Section of the Delegation
- Sense of discretion and diplomacy
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a good team spirit
- Must have ability to work under pressure, good organizer
- Must be honest and have a high sense of responsibility.
- In accordance to the salary grid for Local Staff of the EC Delegation in The Gambia, depending on qualification and experience.
Minimum salary / Maximum: D 25,797.00 a month / 47,999.00 a month
- Interested candidates should send in their applications with a motivation letter, contact details, certificates/testimonials and Certificate of Character to:
The Delegation of the European Union in The Gambia, 74 Atlantic Road, Fajara
In a sealed envelope marked "Post of ACCOUNTS CLERK" hand delivered at the Delegation or by e-mail to:
DELEGATION-GAMBIA@eeas.europa.eu no later than 15th February 2019 at 17.00 hrs.
- Testimonials and references from previous jobs may be verified. Non verifiable documents will not be taken into consideration.
- Only Short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview/test.