- Effectively manage projects in the domain of governance and social sector included in the Delegation's portfolio.
- Act as Operational Initiating Agent for transactions related to the implementation of the above projects. Review and approve reports, certify requests for payments. Update and maintain relevant data in our information system (CRIS).
- Monitor the implementation of actions against set measurable objectives and targets. Review and assess Result Oriented Monitoring (ROM) reports and implement and follow up relevant recommendations. Update and maintain implementation reports in CRIS.
- Develop and maintain a consistent view of bilateral relations with the countries and territories for which the Delegation is responsible, in particular for the French speaking overseas countries and territories (OCTs) in the Pacific
- Contribute to the policy dialogue at country level in the fields of Governance and Social Sectors. Provide relevant input and feedback to the Team Leader.
- Assist the Team Leader in developing close contacts with local stakeholders, including in Governments and Administrations of the OCTs. Contribute to policy and implementation information to the communication material published by the Delegation (including on the Delegation Website and Facebook page), including French proof reading.
- Contribute to the achievements of the objectives of the Delegation's communication and visibility strategy.
The length of the working week shall not exceed the limits of 40 hours per week. Exceptions may be allowed as required by the service, in accordance with the relevant Fiji legislations.
Consideration will be given to candidates with:
- A post graduate University degree in international relations or equivalent,
- One year professional experience in the domain of international development and pertinent to the duties carried out. 2 years or more experience would be an advantage. Experience of OCT's development would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of European Development Fund procedures would be an asset.
- An excellent ability to understand read & write in French and English.
- A clean police record and should be able to produce a clearance report when requested.
- Very good computer literacy with some experience in Microsoft office programmes.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and able to work independently and/or as a team member in a multicultural environment, respecting deadlines.
- Analysing and problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions
- Capacity to analyse and structure information
- Ability to communicate in meetings
- Ability to understand and be understood
- Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information
- Drafting skills.
Please send your application and supporting documents in an envelope as follows:
Call for expression of interest - Interim Project Officer
Head of Administration
Delegation of the European Union for the Pacific
Level 6, TappooCity Complex
Cnr. Scott & Usher Streets
or via email to DELEGATION-FIJI-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu no later than 12 noon on Thursday 13 April 2017.
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, together with your academic qualification certificates and references of past experiences.
Applications will be evaluated and shortlisted in accordance with the requirements above. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-FIJI-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu