The purpose of BIOPAMA consists of Small Technical Grants (STGs) is to address pressing and straightforward needs that are already clearly identified.
A Small Technical Grants will fund exclusively supplies and equipment, works or services for a value of:
≤ EUR 50 000 when addressing one single need;
≤ EUR 100 000 when addressing two combined needs such as the purchase of equipment and for organising a workshop.
Unlike the Medium Grants, there is no co-funding required for Small Technical Grants.
Type of eligible of interventions:
- purchase of essential supplies and equipment for management, patrolling, anti-poaching operations, visitors’ management (car, boat…..) to ensure the effective implementation of field operations;
- creation of essential infrastructure for management, patrolling, anti-poaching operations, visitor management, livelihoods of local communities living in and around protected areas in priority conservation landscapes when it will bring positive effects for protected areas management;
- quantified management and governance diagnostic assessment tools, such as IMET or PAME tools (e.g. METT, RAPPAM, Green List, EoH, or equivalent)
Type of entities that can apply for a small technical grant:
- registered public or private legal entity in charge of protected and conserved areas management at the national, sub-national or site level, or agencies involved in a transboundary conservation area:
- National/Sub-national agencies in charge of protected and conserved areas; or
- Protected and conserved Areas (including ICCAs) represented by its legal representative.
- not be individual or sole traders
to be established in an eligible ACP country to the BIOPAMA AC and be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the grant, not acting as an intermediary; and not be a beneficiary of a grant funded by the European Union (including EDF funds) for the same activities.
Apply before 4 February 2020 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Further information at this link: https://action.biopama.org/fr/small-technical-grants/