Subject: Call for tender ERI 16-2017 Solar Energy System installation for the Delegation and Residences
1. The European External Action Service (EEAS), represented by the Head of the Delegation to the State of Eritrea is planning to award the direct contract referred to above. Please find enclosed the related tender specification listing all the documents that must be produced in order to submit a tender and the draft contract.
2. If you are interested in this contract, you should submit a tender in one of the official languages of the European Union.
3. Site visits are possible from 19/07/2017 to 20/07/2017. Interested parties are encouraged to do site visit(s).
4. Tenders shall be submitted by letter:
a) Either by post or by courier not later than 07/08/2017, in which case the evidence of the date of dispatch shall be constituted by the postmark or the date of the deposit slip, to the address indicated below.
b) Or delivered by hand not later than 17:00 hrs on 07/08/2017 to the address indicated below. In this case, a receipt must be obtained as proof of submission, signed and dated by the official in the central mail department who took delivery.
By post, courier or by hand:
CALL FOR TENDER
ERI 16-2017 Solar Energy System installation for the Delegation and Residences
EU Delegation to the State of Eritrea
Mr PAQUOT Jean-Francois, Head of Administration
Marsa Teklai Street 192 House no. 20/22, Asmara, Eritrea.
c) Or by e-mail to (DELEGATION ERITREA PROCUREMENT@eeas.europa.eu) by Monday, 7 August 2017 at 17:00 (Eritrean time) at the latest. All queries before this date should be addressed to DELEGATION-ERITREA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu Attn: Mr. PAQUOT Jean-Francois.
Tenders must be placed inside two sealed envelopes. The inner envelope, addressed as indicated above, should be marked as follows: "CALL FOR TENDER – EEAS ERI 16/2017 Solar Energy System installation for the Delegation and Residences NOT TO BE OPENED BY THE INTERNAL MAIL DEPARTMENT ". If self-adhesive envelopes are used, they must be sealed with adhesive tape and the sender must sign across this tape.
The inner envelope must also contain two sealed envelopes, one containing the technical tender and the other the financial tender. Each of these envelopes must clearly indicate the content ("Technical" and "Financial").
5. Tenders must be:
- signed by a duly authorized representative of the tenderer;
- perfectly legible so that there can be no doubt as to words and figures;
- drawn up using the model reply forms in the tender specification.
6. The period of validity of the tender, during which tenderers may not modify the terms of their tenders in any respect, is 3 months from the final date for submission.
7. Submission of a tender implies acceptance of all the terms and conditions set out in this invitation to tender, in the tender specification and in the draft contract and, where appropriate, waiver of the tenderer's own general or specific terms and conditions. Submission of a tender is binding on the tenderer to whom the contract is awarded for the duration of the contract.
8. All costs incurred during the preparation and submission of tenders is to be borne by the tenderers and will not be reimbursed.
9. Contacts between the contracting authority and tenderers are prohibited throughout the procedure save in exceptional circumstances and under the following conditions only:
- Before the final date for submission of tenders:
* At the request of the tenderer, the contracting authority may provide additional information solely for the purpose of clarifying the nature of the contract.
* Any requests for additional information must be made in writing only to DELEGATION-ERITREA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu, attention Mr. PAQUOT Jean-Francois. Requests for additional information received less than five working days before the final date for submission of tenders will not be processed.
* The contracting authority may, on its own initiative, inform interested parties of any error, inaccuracy, omission or any other clerical error in the text of the call for tenders.
* Any additional information including that referred to above will be sent simultaneously to all candidates invited to tender.
- After the opening of tenders:
* If clarification is required or if obvious clerical errors in the tender need to be corrected, the contracting authority may contact the tenderer provided the terms of the tender are not modified as a result.
* The contracting authority may negotiate with tenderers the tenders they have submitted, in order to adapt them to the requirements set out in the contract notice, tender specifications or any additional document and in order to find the tender offering best value for money. During negotiations equal treatment of all tenderers will be ensured.
10. This invitation to tender is in no way binding on the contracting authority. The contracting authority's contractual obligation commences only upon signature of the contract with the successful tenderer.
11. Up to the point of signature, the contracting authority may either abandon the procurement or cancel the award procedure, without the candidates or tenderers being entitled to claim any compensation. This decision must be substantiated and the candidates or tenderers notified.
12. Once the contracting authority has opened the tender, the document shall become its property and it shall be treated confidentially.
13. You will be informed of the outcome of this procurement procedure by e-mail. It is your responsibility to provide a valid e-mail address together with your contact details in your tender and to check it regularly.
14. If processing your reply to the invitation to tender involves the recording and processing of personal data (such as your name, address and CV), such data will be processed pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data. Unless indicated otherwise, your replies to the questions and any personal data requested are required to evaluate your tender in accordance with the specifications of the invitation to tender and will be processed solely for that purpose by Delegation to State of Eritrea Details concerning the processing of your personal data are available on the privacy statement at:
15. Your personal data may be registered in the Early Warning System (EWS) only or both in the EWS and Central Exclusion Database (CED) by the Accounting Officer of the EEAS, should you be in one of the situations mentioned in:
- The Commission Decision 2008/969 of 16.12.2008 on the Early Warning System (for more information see the Privacy Statement on http://ec.europa.eu/budget/contracts_grants/info_contracts/legal_entitie... ),
- The Commission Regulation 1302/2008 of 17.12.2008 on the Central Exclusion Database (for more information see the Privacy Statement on http://ec.europa.eu/budget/explained/management/protecting/protect_en.cf...)