Title of the post
Office Support Agent
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, he/she shall perform the following tasks and shall have the following profile:
- In charge of registration and filtering of all incoming and outgoing mail/telephone calls for designated section colleagues, notably financial managers.
- Distribution and filing of documents and correspondence.
- Encoding in a computerised system invoices and cost claims as well as documents related to legal entities and bank accounts.
- Assistance in the preparation of reports, payments, contracts.
- Translation of simple documents (English into Arabic or vice versa).
- Keeping schedules and appointments.
- Attending meetings inside and outside the Delegation; taking minutes (in English or Arabic).
- Typing notes, letters and other documents.
- Responsible for the computerized contacts directory and the mailing list.
- Preparation of visual aids for presentations.
- Assist in setting up meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, receptions, events, etc.
- Assist in travel arrangements (tickets, hotel reservations).
- Organising with the Administration Section availability of transport (car / driver).
- Responsible for section stationery.
- Ensure the follow-up of management tools (leave plan, project lists, contact lists, etc);
- Other support activities to members or sections of the Delegation, like customs clearance of belongings for expatriate staff, sending invitation cards.
- Replacement of other colleagues with secretarial tasks in case of absence.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software and IT tools. Experience as user with accounting IT systems and management information systems would be an asset.
- Good level of written and spoken in English and Arabic. French would be an asset.
- Performing high professional standards with regard to reliability, confidentiality, personal integrity, loyalty and flexibility.
- Having capacity to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Having capacity to communicate clearly and concisely (orally and in writing)
- Having an understanding of the values and missions of the European Union.
- Having ability to understand and work in a multilingual and multicultural team and to adapt to different cultural environments
- Being able to represent well the European Union when dealing with visitors.
- Having an academic degree would be an asset.
Being trained as Secretary and /or office manager either through specialised education or from on the job experience of at least 3 (three) years.
Applicants must fill out the EU-CV format cv_format_2.docand send it with a Motivation letter indicating the relevant professional experience to the recruitment e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org until March 15th, 2020 (Please write the post number in the subject)