EUROPEAN UNION DELEGATION TO EGYPT - CAIRO
Project Officer / Social Sectors Of The Human And Social Development Section
INDEFINITE TERM CONTRACT
LOCAL AGENT - GROUP I
POST NO 52602
The Project Officer / social sectors of the Human and Social Development Section, under the directives of the Head of Section, shall perform the following tasks and will have the following profile:
Local agent function group I
Title of the post
Project Officer /social sectors
To contribute, under the supervision of the Head of Cooperation and Head of the Human and Social Development Section, to the conception, elaboration and implementation of development cooperation strategies and programmes in the respective area.
Functions and duties
Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming
- Contribute to the policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern;
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for the EU assistance to Egypt.
Delegation’s project cycle management
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with the beneficiary institutions in Egypt. Contribute to the preparation of Commission’s Decisions and to the negotiation of Financing Agreements with the beneficiaries;
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting Terms of Reference, launching tenders, call for proposals etc.);
- Monitor the implementation of ongoing projects, attend management and monitoring meetings, elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action if and when needed;
- Evaluate projects results in relation to the proposed action plan and objectives.
- Maintain contacts with other donors active in the host country.
Preparation and follow up of calls for tender
- Assist in launching, managing and monitoring calls for proposals, tenders, evaluation and selection of projects;
- Ensure the follow-up of the implementation of projects and the performance of project managers and partners, monitor contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, audits, reporting and assistance, etc.) and gather and handle external expertise;
- Deal with horizontal activities, coordination and networking aspects of the programme and its projects.
Representation, Negotiation, Participation
- Maintain good and effective contacts with all relevant stakeholders in the field, namely: National authorities and institutions, representatives of the diplomatic missions of the Member States, representatives of the principal international donors, NGOs and other local non-state actors;
- Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters.
Communication relating to programme and projects
- Produce and disseminate the results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events;
- Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences;
- Contribute to the production of publications.
- University level education of at least 4 years in law, political science, international relations, development cooperation and economics;
- A thorough knowledge of both written and oral English is required
- A thorough knowledge of both written and oral Arabic is required
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in development cooperation and project management preferably in social sectors (health and/or social insurance, sanitation, education, labor) whereby relevant working experience in the project area as well as political/sectorial analysis would be an asset;
- Familiarity with the European Union and/or other International Organisations/multicultural environment;
- Having good analysis capacity and judgement skills.
- Good knowledge of the EU as well as of the cornerstones of EU-Egypt bilateral relations (Association Agreement, jointly agreed Partnership Priorities as well as the European Neighbourhood Policy and its financial instrument the European Neighbourhood Instrument);
- Familiarity with all aspects of the project cycle, in particular project budgeting and financial report analysis would be an asset;
- Having a good organisational capacity, communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team and being a dynamic and proactive person.
Applicants must fill out the EU-CV format and send it with a Motivation letter indicating the relevant professional experience to the recruitment e-mail: email@example.com until November 5th, 2019