Title of the post
Responsible, under the responsibility and supervision of the Head of Section and/or of the
relevant financial verifying agent, for the good functioning of the financial functions of the Section,as financial initiating agent.
Functions and duties
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING - Financial and contractual co-ordination
- Provide advice on financial and budgetary matters to the staff in the operational section(s) of the delegation.
- Participate in negotiations of technical and financial aspects of contracts linked to the
- preparation and implementation of external assistance projects.
- Assist in tender openings and evaluations and represent the Delegation in local tender
- procedures as observer.
- Draft documents linked to financial operations (addenda, payment orders, recovery orders,debit notes).
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING - Financial initiation
- Function as financial initiating agent for all financial transactions related to the
- implementation of projects (commitments, procurement and calls for proposals dossiers,
- payments, recoveries, decommitments).
- Verify supporting documents related to all financial transactions of the section.
- Manage the Legal Entity and Bank Account files.
- To check and confirm the validity and expiry date of bank guarantees related to projects and ensure their correct registration in accounting systems.
- To draft relevant communications to contractors.
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING - Financial reporting
- To encode contractual and financial data in accounting and project management systems (CRIS, ABAC).
- Ensure coherence and timely encoding of data in various databases.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statistics (RAC, RAL, payments forcasts, EAMR, annual reports, ad hoc reporting).
INFORMATION and DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT - Document management Finance and Contract
- File and archive financial documents, correspondence and returned files and requests for clarification.
- Handle correspondence and relevant notes, including their registration in Ares.
AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION - Support and follow-up
- Provide assistance for "on the spot" control and audit missions.
- Assist in the follow-up to audit reports and discharge procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and evaluation of own audit programmes.
AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION, AUDIT, CONTROL and INSPECTION, FINANCE, FINANCIAL ENGINEERING and SERVICES, ACCOUNTING
Job-Related experience: at least 3 years
Financial and contract management; 3 years university diploma.
Thorough knowledge of both written and oral Arab and English is essential
- BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
BUDGET and FINANCE
- FINANCIAL and BUDGETARY MANAGEMENT
- Financial regulation and procedures
PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
- Rules and procedures concerning calls for proposals, calls for tenders, contracts, task letters
COMMUNICATION and PUBLICATION
- MISSIONS, MEETINGS and VISITS (incl Protocol Service)
- Missions, seminars, meetings
IT TOOLS for SPECIFIC APPLICATION AREAS
- Financial, budgetary and contractual tools
- IT tools for OFFICE AUTOMATION
- Analysing and Problem Solving
- Capacity to analyse and structure information
- Ability to understand and be understood
- Drafting skills
- Delivering Quality and Results
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way
- Client orientation
- Learning and Development
- Flexibility (openness towards new demands, etc.)
- Prioritising and Organising
- Planning capacity
- Working with Others
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge sharing
- Ability to lead a team
Applicants must fill out the EU-CV format and send it with a Motivation letter indicating the relevant professional experience to the recruitment e-mail: email@example.com until May 6th, 2018.