Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Saudi Arabia?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, starting on 30 November 2019 at the latest.
- Analyse the current and foreseen dynamics of EU/KSA and Gulf countries cooperation
- Conduct short-term and longer term research on specific issues of interest
- Draft notes, reports to Head of Delegation, Head of Sections, to Brussels and to EU Member States
- Strengthen the existing coordination and cooperation with EU Member States
- Draft press reviews and newsletters
- Organize public diplomacy events, including support to the G20 preparation team in the Delegation
- Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns to enhance EU visibility
Qualifications or special requirements:
- You are a young graduate with a University diploma (at least Bachelor's degree) in a field relevant to the section above
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus
- Additional degree in another relevant field, will be positively considered
- Past experiences in KSA, GCC countries, or the Middle East is an advantage
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.