Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Press & Information (PPI) Section of the EU Delegation to the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg?, starting in September to November 2020, subject to respect to the local legislation as well as the national legislation of the candidate(s) if non-resident.
- Updating EUDEL website and social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Compiling a daily press review
- Report on conferences, seminars and delegation meetings
- Following key dossiers of the Parliamentary Assembly (PACE), relevant Rapporteur Groups and expert groups;
- Participate in the PACE sessions, rapporteur groups and expert groups meetings, preparing summaries and reporting;
- Research and preparation of documents and notes;
- Drafting briefings;
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents including for public and social media
- Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion as such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials, make photo and video coverage of EUDEL's events)
- Follow up and supporting the organisation in the daily management of EUDEL activities (events, receptions, working lunches, meetings, logistic including documents preparation)
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in Political Sciences or communication
- Ability to delivery good quality work output in tight deadlines
- Very good analytical and drafting skills, and proficiency in both English (C2) and French (C1)
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and social media
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address DELEGATION-STRASBOURG-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Autumn 2020
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.