Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values at the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 2 months with the possibility of prolongation up to a total of 6 months within the Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to France, starting no later than 30 November 2019.
- Work under the direct guidance and support the activity of the Head of Delegation
- Updating EUDEL social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram, webpage)
- Report on conferences, seminars and delegation meetings
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents including for public and social media
- Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion as such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials, make photo and video coverage of EUDEL's events)
- Follow up and supporting the organisation in the daily management of EUDEL activities (events, receptions, working lunches, meetings, logistic including documents preparation)
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in Political Sciences
- Ability to delivery good quality work output in tight deadlines
- Very good analytical and drafting skills, and proficiency in both English and French
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)1
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship in communication
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Press & Information
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
1CVs received in any format other than Europass will not be considered as receivable