Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values at the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months for within the Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to France, starting mid-April 2019.
- Work under the direct guidance and support the activity of the Head of Delegation
- Updating EUDEL social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram, webpage)
- Report on conferences, seminars and delegation meetings
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents including for public and social media
- Contributing to the preparation and organisation of visibility and communication of EU events; assisting in the promotion as such events (producing advertisements, press releases, designing and distributing of promotional materials, make photo and video coverage of EUDEL's events)
- Follow up and supporting the organisation in the daily management of EUDEL activities (events, receptions, working lunches, meetings, logistic including documents preparation)
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Must be at least a Bachelor in Political Sciences – studies in European and International relations is an asset
- General interest in multilateral relations, media and communication
- Very good analytical and drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and proficiency in French
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-STRASBOURG-TRAINEES@eeas.europa.eu:
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Press & Information
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.