Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Costa Rica?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to Costa Rica.
- To gather, analyse and report on the political and economic situation and on other issues relevant to EU- Costa Rica relations
- Conduct research and provide analyses and follow up required on specific sectoral issues
- Support the organisation and implementation of events (seminars, workshops, exhibitions, etc.) organised by the Delegation linked to political issues and bilateral relation EU-Costa Rica.
- Drafting of notes, official correspondence, messages, inputs for the briefing papers etc.
- With the appropriate authorisation attend meetings, public hearings, workshops and conferences on behalf of the Delegation and prepare reports/follow-up actions.
- Organisation and preparation of meetings, collecting information, preparing files and briefings, and drafting minutes
- Undertake any other assignment that may be requested in view of the efficient functioning of the Political Section of the Delegation
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent command of Spanish and English is a must
- Master Degree in International relations or related field
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.