The deadline for submitting applications is 27th of January 2020
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Panama?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information (PPI) Section of the EU Delegation to Panama, starting in March 2020.
- Contribute to political reporting;
- Draft background notes on specific issues including key messages, speeches, factsheets, press releases, digital media reporting and others;
- Contribute to the social media platforms (calendar and planning, design of post, research of contents, adds)
- Assist in the organization of EU events (Europe Day, Film Festival, etc.) or patronized by the EU;
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Good knowledge or specialization in Latin America;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish;
- Very good analytical and drafting skills;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues in a responsible manner;
- Background in Political Sciences, Law and/or Public Relations;
- Expertise in engaging and activating community groups;
- Creative writing skills;
- Have respect for internal rules of discretion and confidentiality
- Compulsory migration procedure of around 500 Euros to be borne by the trainee, if applicable
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-PANAMA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu :
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.