The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical). It also coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competences, notably trade and external assistance. Regarding Trade, Colombia is a key partner for the European Union. Bilateral trade relations are increasingly important since the implementation of the Trade Agreement that entered into force in August 2013.
We offer a post of Policy Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Trade affairs Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to:
+ EXTERNAL RELATIONS - Trade analysis
• Prepare reports and statistics on trade and economic trends between the EU and Colombia, including the following areas: market access, trade in goods, services, investment, public procurement, intellectual properly (including GIs), competition policy.
• Collect and analyse information on trade-related legislation in Colombia.
• Relations with stakeholders (EU member states, government, private sector organisations)
• Follow-up other trade related matters in Colombia including WTO, OECD accession, negotiation processes with its trade partners and bilateral or regional trade relations such as the Andean Community and the Pacific Alliance.
+ EXTERNAL RELATIONS - Economic studies
• Upon request of the Head of Section, carry out analysis and draft reports on areas such as macroeconomic trends (incl. GDP, BoP, employment and FDI) in Colombia.
+ EXTERNAL RELATIONS - Trade Agreement (TA)
• Support the Section in the entry into force of the TA, including promotion and visibility activities.
• Monitor implementation of the TA.
• Assist in the preparation, organisation and reporting of committees and sub-committees.
under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The post concerns a full time position (37.5 hours per week) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá, including possible field missions and occasional missions to Brussels, and involving mostly desk work in a multicultural environment.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The following will be considered an asset:
How to apply
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org..
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 31 January 2020
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/files/europass_cv_12.doc