The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Colombia has a tradition of offering opportunities for non-remunerated traineeships
Traineeships are addressed:
1. To students residing in Colombia, in the framework of an agreement with a local university, who undertake a compulsory or recommended training period as part of their course and are already residing in the place of training.
2. To students receiving financial support from a university or another institution but located elsewhere in the world.
For example, trainees coming from national administration schools like (ENA (French National School of Administration) or KSAP (Polish National School of Public Administration). States' public administrations, at national or regional level, independent universities or research organisations which do not set out to make profits for redistribution or are part of the public sector as defined in the national law of that employer.
We offer 3 posts of traineeships. The recruited person will be attributed the following tasks depending on the needs of the Delegation and under the supervision and responsibility of the Counsellor/Supervisor of the relevant section:
1. Traineeship Trade Section
2. Traineeship Cooperation section
3. Traineeship Political, Press & Information section
- No contractual relationship will be established under the traineeship and no remuneration will be offered.
- Candidates selected will need to prove that they have adequate insurance and medical coverage. For Colombian candidates they must be covered by their university to an ARL (Administradora de Riesgos Profesionales)
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible with the trainee's academic obligations).
- The usual duration of a non-remunerated traineeship should not exceed 6 months and no less than 4 months
We are looking for:
- Candidates should be nationals from Colombia, the EU Member States or pre-accession States.
- Candidates with no professional experience. Candidates are University students (in their 3rd, 4th, or 5th academic year).
- Candidates who have already worked for an EU institution for a period of time, including (remunerated) Blue Book stagiares are not eligible for this traineeship.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to: email@example.com . The package should include a motivation letter (max. 1 page) and a detailed CV.
Estimated start date: September – October 2017
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted. No a direct answer will be send to the non-selected candidates. The Delegation will publish the end of the selection procedure on its web page.
Those selected will be obliged to provide the following documents:
1. Traineeship Agreement duly signed by trainee and University/Institution.
2. Medical Insurance Certificate letter covering trainee's traineeship period (i.e. valid medical insurance card).
3. University certificate.
4. Valid visa during the traineeship period for non-Colombian trainees.