Main part of the program is a video marathon, which will begin on 26th September at 12:00 on www.eur.ru website.
On one Saturday day you will be able to:
• Learn to cook ethnic food of different countries at culinary master classes
• Start learning a foreign language or even several at once
• Get acquainted with modern European literature and art
• Visit best museums of the continent
• Choose a University for study
• Walk around European cities and find out how their inhabitants live:
- Why are bees bred on the roofs of Berlin Cathedral and a skyscraper in Tallinn?
- How to make urban environment accessible to everyone?
- What is it like to ski all year round over a waste incineration plant in Copenhagen?
• And much more!
Especially for the Festival, the State Hermitage is preparing an online quest "The Adventures of Munchausen in the Winter Palace", dedicated to the 300th anniversary of the birth of Baron Munchausen. The quest will acquaint viewers with unexpected connections between the stories of the literary hero and the Hermitage exhibits.
Also in the program:
• Opening of the "Time Capsule" with messages to the future from the guests of the 2019 Festival
• Big European Quiz with prizes
• "Children's hour" at 15:00 for the youngest guests
In addition to the video marathon, the Festival will present online Fair of Cultures with virtual stands of all participants. New knowledge, exciting interactive games and vivid impressions await children and adults.
The event is completely free.
Already now you can click on the "Remind" button on www.eur.ru website and save the event to your calendar.
The Festival is held at the initiative of the Delegation of the European Union to Russia and the State Hermitage in cooperation with the Consulates General and Cultural Institutions of the EU Member States in St. Petersburg.