CONSOLIDATION OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN ALBANIA (EURALIUS V)
CALL FOR APPLICATION
National Long - Term Expert Positions (junior, full time position)
The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) is recruiting a National Long - Term Expert (junior) for the EU-funded project “Consolidation of the Justice System in Albania (EURALIUS V)”.
The overall objective of EURALIUS V is to strengthen the independence, transparency, efficiency, accountability and public trust in the Albanian justice system in line with the EU acquis and best practices. The project mainly works towards enhancing the capacities of the following Albanian Authorities, which are final beneficiaries of the project: the Albanian Parliament, Ministry of Justice, High Judicial Council, High Court, courts, High Prosecutorial Council, the General Prosecutor Office, other prosecution offices, High Justice Inspector, School of Magistrates, Justice Appointment Council, National Chamber of Advocacy, the National Chamber of Notaries and the National Chamber of Enforcement Agents. Following the adoption of constitutional amendments in July 2016 and the adoption of several laws EURALIUS V is supporting the implementation of the comprehensive justice reform. The project started on 1 April 2018 with a duration of 36 months.
- Deadline for applications: Sunday, 22 September 2019 / midnight.
- Please send your CV, motivation letter in English, via e-mail to the following contacts:
- Laura Ruzman: Ruzman@irz.de
- David Wendorff: Wendorff@irz.de
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and might be requested to come in for interviews and/or other methods of assessment. The selection will be based on the professional background, relevant work experience, language skills and other criteria according to the requested qualifications.
- The assignments will have to be formally approved by the European Union Delegation to Albania, assuming no objection from the relevant beneficiaries.
- Note: Candidates who are civil servants cannot be contracted.
Duration of engagement: 1 year, with possibility of extension of the contract
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The national experts will support the project activities and tasks by providing legal, administrative and translation services.
An expert will be assigned mainly to one component, however, will support any activity in any area of intervention, as needed.
The main activities of the experts will be to:
- Support the project team in the implementation of the project activities, including administrative responsibilities;
- Provide legal analysis, notes, resumes or other legal documents;
- Pro-actively produce reports and analysis of developments, events and actions regarding the implementation of the project activity in the respective component;
- Assist in fulfilment of overall reporting obligations of the project;
- Participate in meetings and any other events which are of importance for the implementation of the project activity and reports accordingly;
- Provide translation of documents and interpret during meetings and events;
- Assist experts upon request of the responsible international expert or Team Leader;
- Perform any other related activities, which may emerge during the coure of time and/ or as required by the Team Leader, International expert or other team members.
- University degree in law at least at master level; master’s degree or PhD title from a university outside Albania would be a distinct advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the justice system and/or an EU justice project environment or in international institution;
- Sound legal and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Albanian justice system, justice reform process and the content of the justice reform;
- Excellent knowledge of English language and English and Albanian legal terminology;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Albanian and English.
- Ability to communicate solutions to problems in different legal environments, and provide advice on day-to-day questions to the final beneficiaries;
- Flexibility and maturity of judgement;
- Ability to work under direction and also to use own initiative;
- Ability to communicate effectively at a number of different levels and methods;
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines;
- Political neutrality;
- Team and solution orientation;
- Suitable profile to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to understand and respect all confidential classifications (both government and trade nature) of any government or trade documents, statements or other information he/ she may be given during the exercise of his/ her duties.
Find here the full vacancy call: