A full-time Project Assistant is sought for the EU funded Project entitled “Technical Assistance to Support the National Bureau of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova”. This is a Service Contract managed by the EU Delegation to Moldova and implemented by a consortium led by Italian Institutions to support the National Bureau of statistics of Moldova (Beneficiary Institution). The Project Assistant will be locally recruited and will receive a full-time assignment for 1 year, renewable for a second year, approximately until June 2021. The location of the post will be Chisinau.
Place of Employment: National Bureau of Statistics or project office, Chisinau
Duration of Employment: 1-year renewable
Starting Date for Employment: September 2019
Gross monthly salary: € 1.200
A. Necessary Qualifications and Skills
- Moldovan nationality;
- Romanian mother tongue;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Academic degree in social sciences, economics, statistics or relevant fields;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project backstopping (Finance and Administrative);
- Experience in basic accounting and administrative office management;
- Proven experience in project management in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of donor agencies’ management, administrative procedures and technical requirements;
- Familiarity with administrative manuals and guidelines used by the EU for international development cooperation;
- Proven communication skills and teamwork oriented;
- Prioritise actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package and communication tools (proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Possession of analytical skills;
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently under the guidance of the project coordinators;
- Ability to work in stressful situations;
B. The following features will be assets
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian;
- Ability to translate/ interpret from English to Romanian and vice versa;
- Professional experience as Project Assistant in a EU funded project or a similar position in another project financed by an international organisation;
- Knowledge and/or experience in EU policies and institutions, and/or public finance.
- Contract management with in-house project administration, donors, partners, and offices in other countries;
- Administrative backstopping, budget management and control;
- Keep track of supporting documentation related to staff travels (timesheets and other documentation for financial management and monitoring);
- Support in drafting financial reports;
- Budget planning and monitoring.
- Preparation of contracts for experts and liaison with in-house project administration;
- Preparation and supervision of missions of experts, including logistics;
- Data archiving (paper and electronic);
- Supporting project coordinators in monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance of project deliverables;
- Office management, monitoring telephone and general correspondence
- Maintaining calendar/schedules; monitor changes and communicates relevant information to appropriate people (Team Leader, Key Experts, Consortium Leader, Consortium partners, beneficiary, funding Institution, etc.);
- Performing general administrative tasks (e.g arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations of conference/board rooms, inform participant of date and time of meetings) including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. travel requests, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.);
- Any other duties as may be assigned by project coordinators in financial and administrative project management.
D. Application Process
Job applications must include:
- English Curriculum Vitae in Europass format complete with a recent photo (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae);
- Motivational letter in English (two pages maximum) signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with eligibility criteria for the post and motivation;
- At least two references (including contact information of the signatory - phone number and e-mail address).
The above documents shall be sent by e-mail only to the technical secretariat at email@example.com by Sunday 25th August, 2019, 20:00 Chisinau Time.
After the above deadline, no applications will be accepted, and any request of information will be ignored.
Application emails exceeding the size of 5 MB will be not taken into consideration.
E. Selection Process
Only the candidates included in the short list will be invited by e-mail for an interview to be held at the NBS premises in Chisinau. The shortlist will be defined based on the curricula vitae, letters and references provided by the candidates.
Emails summoning applicants for an oral interview will be sent to the shortlisted candidates only. The interviews will include practical exercises.
Please note that candidatures from civil servants or agents of the beneficiary (who are currently employed, or have worked in such a position until a date less than six months from the application deadline), will not be considered for this post.
The successful candidate will sign a contract as service provider and shall have a self-employed status. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements ruling in Moldova for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes and charges. The successful candidate will provide a medical certificate and health insurance.