Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Chile?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Chile, starting in May 2020.
- Political Analysis and reporting on public policies and foreign affairs of Chile
- Participation in and follow-up of events organized by the delegation (Seminars, conferences, workshop, …)
- Provide logistical and conceptual support for the events organized by the Delegation
- Participate in the communication strategy of the delegation (Facebook, Twitter, webpage, …)
- Follow issues of EU internal and external policies, and contribute to the preparation of tailor made information products for the Chilean public
- Contribute to specific tasks of the political section >(research, note taking, contact with various interlocutors, update of mailing key lists, etc).
Qualifications or special requirements
- Excellent command of English (minimum C1) ;
- Very good command of Spanish (minimum C1
- University degree in economy, political science, law or equivalent
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
Additional requirements that would be an asset
- Methodical, rigorous and autonomous mind-set;
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - POL Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.