ECHO Country Office (CO) for Venezuela, based in Caracas, is looking for a Programme Assistant
- A relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience. A post-graduate degree in Humanitarian Action / Development Cooperation will be considered a plus.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting programmes / project operations, including 2 years of experience with an NGO, donor or national / international organisation.
- Experience and knowledge on humanitarian assistance. Specific experience in Nutrition, Food Security, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene or Education will be an asset.
- Relevant experience in working in close coordination with national institutions will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies, and standards.
- Good knowledge of international NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement.
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system.
- Good knowledge of Venezuela’s humanitarian context & situation.
- Excellent command of Office Software package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Outlook.)
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Information Management skills will be an asset.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish (oral and written.)
- The incumbent serves as Programme Assistant in ECHO Office based in Caracas and carries out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response.
- The job holder contributes to the assessments, monitoring and evaluations of projects, as well as to the analysis of the humanitarian context in the area of coverage (Venezuela).
- S/he prepares reports on the humanitarian situation in the country/region, including any political, economic and security events relevant to the analysis of the humanitarian situation in the country/region.
- Travel is required (both domestic and international.)
This position is open to nationals and other residents of Venezuela with valid work and residence permits.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and development opportunities.
As a reference, the base salary offered to a person with 5-year experience (the minimum required for the post) is EUR 2,878.00 and it could be higher based on the years of relevant professional work experience supported by a work certificate from previous employers. i.e. with 10 years of work experience the salary would be EUR 2,979.00.
The national staff members observe a Code of Conduct published on: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/who/about-echo/field-network_en
Contracts will be ruled under the Venezuela´s labour legislation.
How to apply, interested candidates should send:
- A cover letter (maximum of 1 page) setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae in English (maximum of 3 pages) in the Europass CV Template only which can be found at http://www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu;
- Academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- Name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer;
- A copy of the valid work and residence permit to live and work in Venezuela (in case of non-Venezuelan.)
To the e-mail address LAC.HR@echofield.eu with the subject "ECHO-VACANCY Programme Assistant CCS". Applications must be received no later than February 28th, 2021.
Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices, and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/sites/echo-site/files/privacy_statement_recruitment_ns_final_version.pdf
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE. Any form of canvassing, soliciting, or influencing will be treated as disqualification.
Descarga aquí la convocatoria: 210208_-_publication_of_vacancy_announcement_for_pa_va.pdf