The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Kingdom of Cambodia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Kingdom of Cambodia and pursues bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and development cooperation (financial and technical). The Delegation also promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU, in particular in relation to human rights, gender equality, democracy, as well as sustainable and equitable development.
We offer a post of Secretary. The objective is to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Cooperation section in the EU Delegation. The main tasks consist of managing the day-to-day tasks of the secretariat such as document management, organisation of meetings, supporting events, keeping contact lists up to date, supporting colleagues etc. Other tasks relate to coordination of ad hoc tasks relevant to the Cooperation section, as well as writing minutes from meetings. These tasks will be conducted under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Cooperation section.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. The post is for a full time position (37.5h per week), and will be based in the Delegation of the European Union to the Kingdom of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, and is graded as LA-3 (basic salary EUR 928-1,818).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent (BAC II)
2. Professional experience: At least 3 years previous experience in a support capacity and previous experience working in a multicultural environment. Assets: Capable of drafting standard official correspondence in English, Excellent communication skills with external and internal contacts, Able to work as a team member, Capable of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines, Attention to detail and accuracy.
3. Knowledge of languages: Fluent in Khmer, very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of French is an asset;
4. Knowledge of IT tools: Good knowledge of commonly used programs such as Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
5. Medically fit to perform the required duties;
6. Enjoy civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
The following will be considered an asset:
1. Qualifications: University Diploma and/or further secretarial training
2. Professional experience: Capable of drafting standard official correspondence in English, Excellent communication skills with external and internal contacts, Able to work as a team member, Capable of producing high quality results within often tight deadlines, Attention to detail and accuracy.
3. Knowledge of languages: Knowledge of French;
We are looking for a motivated professional, able to work in a multi-cultural team, respect deadlines and communicate well with a range of audiences.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-CAMBODIA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu with the reference: 'Secretary to Cooperation Section + your last name in capital letters (Post No.339399-COM)'. The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV, and the name and address of 2 professional references.
Applications will be evaluated and short listed applicants will be requested to attend an interview which will include a short written test at the Delegation's premises.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-CAMBODIA-HOA@eeas.europa.eu.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: Tuesday, 9 June 2020 at 16:00.