Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Brazil?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, press and Communication Section of the EU Delegation to Brazil, starting in June 2020.
- Monitor political developments in Brazil and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
- Monitor more specifically developments in the field of climate action, energy and environment.
- Report on press and news' matters relevant to the European Union.
- Collate information on European Union legislation and policies of relevance to Brazil for dissemination to the wider public.
- Assist in preparing and implementing press and information activities in Brazil, including the organization of events.
- Attend meetings, seminars and events and prepare related reports.
- Assist in receiving incoming missions and preparing briefings for visitors.
Qualifications or special requirements: not mandatory
- Good writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge in the field of climate action, energy and environment as an asset
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Communication Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.