The mission of the Delegation of the European Union (EU) to the Republic of Serbia is to represent the EU in Serbia, promoting and defending fundamental values and interests of the EU and its Member States; monitoring and supporting Serbia’s accession, including through successful implementation of the EU assistance programmes and their visibility.
We offer a post of Press and Information Officer (Outreach and Communication), local agent, functional group I, who will serve in the Communication, Information and Media team of the EU Delegation to Serbia and whose tasks should be flexible to adapt to the needs of the EU Delegation.
Functions will include:
• Analyse the trends and developments in the information and media environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
• Establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in the country, who could support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
• Design, implement and coordinate campaigns, local outreach events and communications projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to address disinformation targeting the EU and its partnership with the host country;
• Cooperate closely with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Forces (Stratcom).
Place of employment will be Belgrade. The post is on a full time basis with normal working conditions, while time wise flexibility is required to adapt to the media environment.
We offer a competitive remuneration in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for a highly motivated and dedicated individual with relevant working experience, with very good coordination and communication skills and high ethical standards.
• Medically fit to perform the required duties
• Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law
• Formal education corresponding to completed university (or equivalent institution) studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma or alternatively minimum 3 years of professional experience in addition to the minimum number of years of professional experience specified below will be considered equivalent;
• Education in the field of journalism, media, political sciences, international relations or EU affairs is an advantage. Minimum working experience:
• At least 5 years of experience in the field of communication, journalism and with or in media, but also in media monitoring, opinion survey or media analytics, in particular with or within civil society organizations, think tanks and academic environment. Seven + years of experience is an advantage;
• Experience in working in international and multi-cultural environment is an advantage Knowledge:
• Knowledge of and/or experience in communications and public diplomacy (e.g. strategic communication, media relations, campaigning, content production, marketing, online marketing, social media management, audio-visual content development, strategic communications in countering violent extremism);
• Knowledge of media environment in the Republic of Serbia and its challenges; knowledge of European and international standards on freedom of expression and media freedom;
• Knowledge of the EU, its values, functioning, objectives, policies and assistance to Serbia and of Serbia accession process to the EU;
• Knowledge of social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook and other locally trending social media platforms;
• Knowledge and experience in working with social media analytics would be considered as strong assets.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain constructive working relations both within and outside the Delegation, creating a network of contacts;
• Strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement, rapid grasp of problems and the capacity to identify issues and solutions;
• Ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
• Excellent writing and reporting skills, computer literacy. Very good communication, coordination, organization and analytical skills.
Languages: have a professional fluency in Serbian and English languages, ability to understand, read, speak and write – level C2. Knowledge of French and any other EU working language would be an advantage.
Character references: High degree of responsibility and excellent communication and reporting skills. Resilient to stress. Team player, also able to work independently, willing to learn, loyal to the Institution, its goals and values. High ethical standards.
The EU Delegation to Serbia favours equal opportunity and equitable treatment for all. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Please send your application and supporting documents to the following e-mail address: DELEGATION-SERBIA-ADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu
Subject of the message: Press and Information Officer (Ref. ADMIN/343350/2020)
The package should include a motivation letter, a detailed recent CV, copies of diplomas, working experience and relevant certificates. The job description and standard CV form for application can be downloaded from the EU Delegation to Serbia web site: http://www.europa.rs.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for competence tests and afterwards for interviews. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-SERBIAADMINISTRATION@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for applications: the 10th August 2020, 16h Belgrade local time