Position: Head of the Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS) for the IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Kosovo-North Macedonia 2014 – 2020
Location: JTS Office, Pristina, Kosovo
Project: Technical Assistance for the management of Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Kosovo- North Macedonia 2014-2020
Expected duration: July 2020 – December 2022
A PROJECT OVERALL OBJECTIVE
In accordance with the Commission Implementing Decision C(2018) 8222 adopting a Support measure for technical assistance for cross-border cooperation programmes between IPA II beneficiaries under the Instrument for pre-accession assistance (IPA II) for the year 2018, the 2nd Technical Assistance allocation under the Programme will be made available via direct award of a grant contract concluded between the European Union Office in Kosovo (the Contracting Authority) and the Ministry of Local Government Administration (MLGA) in Kosovo. This grant contract will be used to support the work of the Operating Structures (OSs) in two participating countries, Joint Monitoring Committee (JMC) in ensuring efficient set-up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Programme. This will be achieved through the operation of a JTS office located in Pristina and its Antenna office in Kumanovo. The JTS will be in charge of the day-to-day management of the Programme and will be reporting to the OSs and JMC.
In line with the Technical Assistance Grant Contract (TAGC), the Head of JTS shall discharge his/her duties in a period 2020-2022 and shall be responsible for:
- Supervision the overall performance of the JTS staff;
- Provide suggestions regarding the improvement of both CBC Programmes design and implementation;
- Provide analyses, reports, statistic data for the OSs and JMCs;
- Ensuring the daily co-ordination of all tasks related to the core management of the JTS (including Antenna office in Partner Country);
- Keep contact and exchange of information with the National Coordinator of the Programme in the OSs;
- Organize the secretarial work for the JMCs;
- Contribute to the drafting of the programmes Annual Implementation Report to the CA, as well as all other required documents;
- Ensure proper documentation flow, manage the system of archives, ensure that all of the relevant information is provided to all of the staff members of the OSs and the JTS;
- Co-ordinate the process for support and advice to potential applicants during the application phase (in co-operation with the OSs and CA);
- Co-ordinate the process for support to the project beneficiaries during the project implementation phase (in cooperation with the OSs/CA);
- Participate in the monitoring of projects under implementation (in co-operation with the OSs/CA);
- Other tasks in support to the OSs and CA, upon request.
The working place will be based in the JTS Office. The position includes also travelling, mainly throughout the programme area for assisting in organization and attending different events in the field.
B RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Managing technical assistance:
- Preparing JTS annual work plan, thus ensuring planning and organisation of work under the TAGC;
- Ensuring on time support for preparation of the TAGC interim and final reports;
- Regular reviews of utilization of TAGC resources and TAGC financial management;
- Proper and timely implementation of all activities envisaged, thus ensuring the timely delivery of all JTS outputs;
- Ensuring that the implementation of activities under the TAGC is in line with the EU Visibility Guidelines;
- Reporting on implementation of TA activities in accordance with the provisions of TAGC;
- Performing the duties of the secretariat of the TA Project Implementation bodies;
JTS support to the work of JMC and OSs
- Providing the secretarial function of the Joint Monitoring Committee;
- Providing any relevant information to the OS in the participating country as required;
- Supporting to the meetings of the OSs and CA;
- Participating in thematic meetings and regional and capacity building events, if required.
Support preparation of key Programmes’ documents
- Providing support to preparation of Annual Work Plans;
- Providing support to preparation of Annual and Final Implementation Reports;
- Providing support to revision of Programme Documents.
- Regular follow up on achieving Programme level indicators and informing OSs on quarterly basis;
- Providing support to updating of data for Programme level monitoring;
- Producing specific statistical information on the implementation of both Programmes upon request of OSs;
Support to the implementation of the Programme and projects
- Capacity building for potential applicants
- Providing support to organization of trainings on the preparation of project proposals;
- Providing support to organization of Partner Search Forums (PSF);
- Ensuring the JTS function as Help desk for assisting the potential applicants;
- Capacity building for project beneficiaries
- Providing support to preparation of implementation packages for beneficiaries;
- Coordinating organization of implementation seminars for beneficiaries;
- Coordinating organization of trainings on secondary procurement for beneficiaries;
- Coordinating organization of trainings on publicity and visibility for beneficiaries;
- Coordinating organization of trainings on reporting for beneficiaries.
- Ensuring the JTS project officers maintain files for each project;
- Ensuring the receipt, analyze and follow up of progress reports received from beneficiaries;
- Drafting an indicative monitoring visit schedule;
- Ensuring the monitoring visits are conducted on time;
- Ensuring the JTS officers provide regular upgrade of existing databases of potential applicants;
- Ensuring the JTS officers keep relevant up-to-date project information in electronic form.
- Visibility, promotion and communication
- Providing support to preparation of Annual Communication and Visibility Plans;
- Ensuring JTS provide regular update of Programme websites;
- Coordinating the preparation and production of promotional materials as indicated in JTS work plans and/or Communication Action Plan;
- Coordinating the organization of Info days for the promotion of the Programme;
- Coordinating the organization of visibility events related to the Calls for Proposals;
- Coordinating the organization of public awareness campaigns and promotional events.
- Immediate reporting of any irregularities identified to the OSs/CB;
- All documents are appropriately filed either in physical or electronic form, or both;
- Facilitating any monitoring or audit missions related to TAGC;
The Head of JTS must fulfil the following conditions and have following minimum qualifications and experience:
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in social science, preferably a Master’s degree,
- Fluency in both written and spoken in English and preferably on both official languages of Kosovo;
- Good communication, organizational and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of EU grant rules and procedures, including best practices;
- Computer literacy;
- At least 7 years of professional experience;
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in programmes/projects funded by the EU or other donors;
- At least 2 years of experience of project management and coordination in EU funded grant contract;
- Experience related to Cross-border Cooperation in the IPA beneficiaries is an advantage.
Application procedure and the documents that need to be submitted:
• A Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Europass in English;
• Copy of University diploma;
• Copy of Training Certificates;
• Supporting documents for each experience stated.
Interested candidates should send hard copy of application documents by 3rd of June 2020 until 17th of June 2020, 16:00h to the following address:
Ministry of Local Government Administration
Former Rilindja Building, Floor 12, Pristine, Kosovo
Ministry of Local Government Administration
Subject: "Application for Head of the Joint Technical Secretariat (JTS) for the CBC Programme Kosovo-North Macedonia”.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Note: Only those applications which have been received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be eligible for consideration.