EU Ambassador to Australia Michael Pulch and Australia's Ambassador to the EU Justin Brown joined the European Australian Business Council (EABC) delegation on Wednesday 26 June in the EU capital Brussels.
The high-level delegation met European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen, Commissioner for Agriculture Phil Hogan, Business Europe Director Dr Markus Beyrer and DG Trade's Chief Negotiator for the EU-Australia FTA Helena König.
The benefits of the EU-Australia Free Trade Agreement was a focus of discussions, with the 4th round of negotiations towards and ambitious and comprehensive FTA taking place in Brussels from 1-5 July.
EU-Australia partnerships in research and development, education, innovation and industry 4.0 and collaboration opportunities through the EU's Horizon2020 programme were also covered.
The EABC's annual Business Mission to Europe aims to strengthen bilateral relationships with European leaders, institutions, officials, peak business groups and policy organisations.
The 2019 tour includes visits to Brussels, Berlin, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Malmö and London.
- Angus Armour, Managing Director and CEO, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graham Bradley AM, Chair, HSBC Australia
- Jeff Connolly, Chair & Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Pacific
- Hon Simon Crean, Chair, Monash University
- Matthew Deaner, CEO, Screen Producers Australia
- Prof. Dawn Freshwater, Vice-Chancellor, University of Western Australia
- Hon Nick Greiner AC, Chair of Advisory Council, Rothschild Australia
- Peter Grey, Chair, MLC Life Insurance
- Tracey Hinchley, Chief Operating Officer, The Group of Eight
- Justin Howden, Group Head Global Government Affairs and Industry Development, H&H Group
- Dr Alex Joiner, Chief Economist, IFM Investors
- Andrew McCallum, Global Manager Trade & Market Access, Meat & Livestock Australia
- John McMurtrie AM, Executive Director and Managing Director, Link Group
- Bruce Morgan, Chair, Sydney Water
- Dick Porter, Chair, Australia United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
- Mark Rigotti, Global Chief Executive Officer and Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Dr Ralf Thaeter, Senior Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Vicki Thomson, CEO, The Group of Eight
- Peter van Dongen, Chair, PwC Australia
- Brett Wickham, Manager Director, Acciona Energy Australia
- Carla Zampatti AC, Executive Chair, Carla Zampatti Group
EU Ambassador to Australia Michael Pulch is an EABC Board Member.
Photos: Peter Felker/EABC