The European Union is represented in Australia by a Delegation in Canberra which was established in 1981. The Delegation is responsible for the conduct of official relations between Australia and the European Union. In all matters pertaining to the European Union, the Delegation works closely with the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States.
We offer a post of Accounts Clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk - this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the Administrative Section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
This is a full time permanent position. It's a competitive position in an international environment with superannuation and medical insurance.
We are looking for
We are looking for a motivated person with at least 3 years' relevant experience in the field of administration and accounting tasks under the guidance of the Head of Administration and to provide general administrative support to the Section as required.
Detailed job description and job requirements can be found on the Delegation's website http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/australia
Interested applicants can send their application and supporting documents (including a cover letter and detailed CV) to the attention of the Head of Administration at EU Delegation to Australia, 18 Arkana Street, 2600 YARRALUMLA ACT,
or by email to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to Delegation-Australia-HOA@eeas.europa.eu
Applications close Friday 17 November 2017
JOB TITLE: Accounts Clerk
JOB LOCATION: EU Delegation in Canberra
AREA OF ACTIVITY: Administration
CATEGORY: LA - Group 3
JOB NUMBER: 160342
Assist the Head of Administration with Financial and Contractual management to ensure implementation of the administrative budget according to EU Financial Regulation and (other) relevant rules and procedures as well as provide general administrative support to the Section as required.
Functions and duties:
- ABAC Assets / Inventory management: verification of physical inventory, follow-up of asset purchase and sale / de- classification procedures, and related paperwork, photo inventory and other inventory related tasks.
- Support with issues related to public procurement (execution and follow up of tender procedures for goods and services), preparation of purchase orders and lease and infrastructure contracts (as required).
- Liaise with outside suppliers, contractors and service providers concerning purchase of furniture/equipment, goods and services (maintenance, cleaning, security).
- Liaise between Residence (HOD/Spouse/Domestic Staff) and outside contractors as regards provision of services at, maintenance of, and repairs to, the Residence.
- Act as back up Budget Officer in MIPS.
- ABAC LEF and BAF: assist with entering of Legal Entity and Bank Account data in the accounting system.
- Prepare GST reimbursement files for ATO.
- Assist with preparation of budget estimates and expense reports for the administrative budget of the Delegation.
- Assist with the follow up of local staff presences/ absences management and support with e-TIM.
- Act as back-up for the Accounting Officer (Financial initiation in ABAC (Workflow, Assets).
- Assist HoA with staff matters (recruitment files, social security and insurance issues, rights & obligations, etc.) as well maintenance of personnel files of local agents (paper files and e-del-HRM/HR Delegation).
- Support to arrival/departure of new Officials and CA.
- General back-up to the HoA during long absences.
- Assist the Administration section with drafting of internal guidelines of (administrative) procedures where necessary.
- Assist the Administration section with other administration related tasks when necessary.
- Act as back up for the Reception.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Upper secondary education
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of working experience in administrative and financial matters.
- Financial qualifications would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge/experience of local legislation in relation to social security, insurances and tax would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken), knowledge of other European languages would be an asset.
- Capacity to communicate clearly, present complex matters in a logical and concise manner.
- Ability to respect deadlines, to multitask and to deal with heavy workloads.
- Strong sense of initiative, responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands arising from the needs of the Delegation.
- Commitment to assure quality, speed and accuracy in performing duties;
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capacity to focus on priorities and to organise own workload (in order to respect deadlines).
- Very good knowledge of commonly used programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to use other software.
- Training for the informatics tools in the EU delegation is foreseen.