The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Armenia represents the European Union in Armenia and ensures bilateral relations in the political, economic, trade and cooperation fields, promotes and protects the interests and values of the EU.
We offer a post of Project Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Project Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff with below tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Operations.
Functions and duties:
- To assist in the communication and visibility C&V programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with beneficiary institutions;
- To assist in effective and efficient programming and implementation of financial assistance in the area of communication and visibility C&V of the EU aid in Armenia;
- To contribute to observe, monitor and regularly report on sectoral assistance upon internal communication requests and needs;
- To contribute to the EU Delegation social media, website maintenance & development related to EU aid;
- To have knowledge of the European Union development assistance framework with Armenia, the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement CEPA and the regional Eastern Partnership initiative;
- To follow up and monitor all relevant C&V projects preparing progress reports;
- To report to the Head of Operations regarding all challenges encountered and to propose appropriate adjustments and actions to allow for the smooth implementation of EU development programming;
- To assist, cooperate fully with Task Managers on C&V tasks and colleagues dealing with EU Delegation Press and Strategic Communication matters;
- To maintain direct contact and to closely liaise with all external projects staff;
Working hours: 37, 5 hours/week Monday-Friday
Place of employment: EU Office, 21 Frik street, Yerevan, Armenia
Duration: indefinite (with 3 months' probation period)
Group: Group 1 in the EU system
Minimum basic salary before taking into account relevant prior experience: 1,245,398 AMD/per month (gross).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The following will be considered an asset:
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The package should include:
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Pre-Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Pre-Selection Committee will prepare a short list of eligible candidates; this list will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, who will establish a shortlist of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which will include an interview. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually. However, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications receipt is: Friday 21/08/2020 at 23H55M Yerevan Time.