CONSOLIDATION OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN ALBANIA (EURALIUS V)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
1 National Long – Term Expert on IT Governance (full-time position)
The German Foundation for International Legal Cooperation (IRZ) is recruiting 1 International MTE – IT Governance Expert for the EU-funded project “Consolidation of the Justice System in Albania (EURALIUS V)”.
The overall objective of EURALIUS V is to strengthen the independence, transparency, efficiency, accountability and public trust in the Albanian justice system in line with the EU acquis and best practices. The project mainly works towards enhancing the capacities of the following Albanian Authorities, which are final beneficiaries of the project: the Albanian Parliament, Ministry of Justice, High Judicial Council, High Court, courts, High Prosecutorial Council, the General Prosecutor Office, other prosecution offices, High Justice Inspector, School of Magistrates, Justice Appointment Council, National Chamber of Advocacy, the National Chamber of Notaries and the National Chamber of Enforcement Agents. Following the adoption of constitutional amendments in July 2016 and the adoption of several laws EURALIUS V is supporting the implementation of the comprehensive justice reform. The project started on 1 April 2018 with a duration of 36 months.
- Deadline for applications: 8 March 2020 / midnight.
- Please send you CV and motivation letter in English, via e-mail to the following contacts:
- Laura Ruzman: Ruzman@irz.de
- David Wendorff: Wendorff@irz.de
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and might be requested to come in for interviews and/or other methods of assessment. The selection will be based on the professional background, relevant work experience, publications, language skills and other criteria according to the requested qualifications.
- The assignments will have to be formally approved by the European Union Delegation to Albania, assuming no objection from the relevant beneficiaries.
- Note: Candidates who are civil servants or judicial civil servants cannot be contracted.
Duration of engagement until end of March 2021
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal responsibility of the Expert will be to support EURALIUS beneficiaries in improving the quality and efficiency of services delivered by their internal IT units. The primary focus will be on setting up and re-organising the IT units covering the courts, prosecution offices and the new governance institutions. The Expert will assist the beneficiary institutions with defining the roles and responsibilities of the internal IT units, their internal structure, organigrams, job descriptions and IT policies, with training needs assessment, with the introduction of efficient IT tools supporting the operation of these units, implementation of small scale IT projects and on mid and long-term strategic planning. He/she will also provide input to the IT Strategy of the Justice Sector and take an active part in other activities of EURALIUS Component 4 – IT Infrastructure, as needed.
- University degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management, Business Administration or a technically related field. Master’s degree will be an advantage
- At least 10 years working experience in IT, at least 3 years experience in a managerial position in a unit delivering internal IT services in a mid-size institution
- Practical experience with application of industry accepted IT governance standards such as ITIL
- Experience with strategic planning for mid-sized IT units
- Experience with planning and implementation of IT projects
- Certification in an internationally recognised project management methodology at the practitioner level or higher will be a distinct advantage
- Experience with managing of the delivery of administration, user support and maintenance services for ERP or CRM-class IT systems will be a distinct advantage
- ITIL certification at the practitioner level or higher will be a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with the Albanian justice system and the justice reform will be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in the framework of similar donor financed projects would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian
- Flexibility and maturity of judgement
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to work under direction and also to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively at a number of different levels and methods
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain deadlines
- Political neutrality
- Team and solution orientation
- Suitable profile to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to understand and respect all confidential classifications (both government and trade nature) of any government or trade documents, statements or other information he/ she may be given during the exercise of his/ her duties