The EU is represented in Angola by a Delegation office in Luanda (since 1986).
Our mandate includes:
- representing the EU diplomatically in Angola, through extensive contacts with governmental institutions, to promote and defend the EU's values and interests.
- managing and promoting bilateral relations between the EU and Angola (political, economic, trade and aid , both financial and technical)
- facilitating the operation and development of bilateral cooperation agreements.
- following up EU policies in all sectors.
- coordinating with EU country's embassies in Angola, particularly in fields where the Commission has powers (mainly aid and trade).
- keeping EU headquarters in Brussels abreast of significant local developments (political, economic, etc.)
- managing the implementation of the EU's development policy in Angola, based on the EDF and specific budget lines; programming aid and managing projects.
The Delegation's activities are coordinated closely with those EU countries who have diplomatic representation in Angola (currently 11: Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Sweden).