Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in West Bank and Gaza Strip?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Section of the EU Delegation to West Bank and Gaza Strip, starting in April 2020.
- Contribute to political reporting and analysis;
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and write summary reports; assist in organising meetings at the EU Office.
- Do research on various topics related to the situation in Palestine, EU-Palestinian relations, the Middle East Peace Process, and similar issues; collect data and information;
- Under the supervision of the Head of Section, liaise with Palestinian institutions and civil society organisations, international organisations, and representations of EU Member States;
- Contribute to press and information activities, notably to social media
- Contribution for the preparation of press reviews and other texts
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field of study (political science, law, history, economics, or similar)
- Proven interest, and excellent background in politics, EU and global affairs, knowledge of regional issues, the Middle East Peace Process, Palestinian history and politics, or a very strong proven capacity for one of those fields,
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset;
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.