VACANCY NOTICE Job no.117559
The European Union Delegation to the Republic of North Macedonia is looking for a local agent position of a Finance and Contracts Assistant – Initiation, in Finance, Contracts and Audit Section.
The jobholder will work under the supervision of the Head of Finance, Contracts and Audit Section to ensure legality and regularity of all transactions in line with the Financial Regulation, Commission procedures and prevailing instructions. The post mainly focuses on financial and control matters (including on payments, guarantees, de-commitment and closure).
Finance and Contracts Assistant - Initiation
Intermediate domain, Specific domain
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING
Users are advised to check the available list of Legal Disclaimers related to their contract type.
Main functions and duties
BUDGET and FINANCE - Financial Management
- Initiate, prepare and review the financial transactions (budgetary commitments, contracts, amendments, pre-financing, cost claims, clearing of pre-financing, interim and final payments, recovery of funds, forecast of revenues, guarantees, waivers, closures, etc.) addressing all legality, regularity, financial, accountancy and budget aspects.
- Prepare financial correspondence and notes.
- File financial documents, correspondence and returned files and requests for clarification, according to filing rules.
- Draft financial aspects of contracts, draft documents linked to financial operations (addenda, payment orders, recovery orders, debit notes).
- Ensure that the adequate financial circuits are in place and followed.
- Ensure the quality (including the accuracy and comprehensiveness) of the data entered in the financial IT tools.
- Encode and update the BAF and LEF files in the financial management system and their appropriate linking. Provide the requested supporting documents to DG BUDG for validation and liaise with DG BUDG for validation.
PROCUREMENT and CONTRACT MANAGEMENT - Contract Management
- Participate in tender, FWC and grants evaluations as secretary in direct management environment.
- Verify the legal aspects of contracts signed by the Delegation.
- Contribute to internal and external communication and knowledge on contractual issues.
- Draft answers to complaints and follow-up complaint cases.
- Recording and management of bank guarantees
- EDES check up
INTER-SERVICE COORDINATION and CONSULTATION - Internal co-ordination
- Ensure smooth coordination and exchange of information with other sections of the Delegation and with the concerned services at headquarters.
- Ensure proper archiving and filing of documents for which the Section is responsible related to EU assistance programmes.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION (general) - any other business
- "Within the framework of the Staff Regulation, to carry out tasks linked to the job description as instructed by his/her superior(s)."
The tasks listed above are indicative and may change in accordance with the Delegation’s service needs and internal organisation.
Education: University degree of at least 3 years
Experience: Relevant professional experience of at least 1 year.
Experience of 3 years or more is an advantage.
Experience of at least 1 year in financial and contractual rules is an advantage.
Knowledge: IT tools for specific application areas
IT tools for Finance, Budget, Contracts and Accounting
IT tools for office automation, MS Office applications
Language: Excellent written and spoken English
Excellent written and spoken Macedonian
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter and CV-Europass format (both documents in English only) to the following functional mailbox: email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date for the submission of applications is 04 June 2020 at 12.00h.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and will undergo written test and interview. The selected candidate will be offered a full-time employment contract on indefinite period.