Duration: 24 months (to January 2021)
EU Contribution: EUR142, 130
Location: Project funded under the 11th EDF Technical Cooperation Fund (TCF) and managed by the EU Delegation to Trinidad and Tobago
Overall Objective: To enhance the visibility of the EU support of the development strategy of Trinidad and Tobago.
The project is aimed at facilitating a coherent communication approach across all EU development programmes and instruments active in Trinidad and Tobago with a view of improving the impact of EU programmes through better stakeholder involvement.
The Ministry of Planning and Development has linked the activities to be supported with the Vision 2030, National Development Strategy. It is expected that this will be achieved by:
- Providing strategic communications support to inform the public of the activities and results under the 11th EDF national and regional programmes, thematic programmes as well as public and economic diplomacy activities
- Improving the communication and visibility on the EU's activities, in particular those related to Trinidad and Tobago's development
- Communications Audit: To conduct an audit of the visibility of European Union development cooperation in Trinidad and Tobago to determine, among others, knowledge and perception of the EU, its programmes and other activities among key constituents in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Event Management for at least 12 events of the EU and GORTT.
- Video production: Showcasing the EU's development assistance or other important EU diplomacy activities (in areas such as climate change, human rights, renewable energy, and trade).
- Media: Outreach, press release writing and distribution
- Collateral materials development – promotional items
- Publication: Research, editing, development (design/layout) and publication of one information booklet which will be a compilation of all EU programming for Trinidad and Tobago for the years 2000 to present day.
- Better understanding of the perception and attitudes of local audience towards EU development cooperation
- Greater awareness and buy-in among key stakeholders and the public of the Government's development strategy
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the GoRTT and EU's development partnership activities