Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Azerbaijan?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 3 months up to 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan, starting in March or April 2020.
- Support in organisation and coordination of EU events (round tables, conferences, seminars, exhibitions, fairs, etc.) for different target groups (students, youth, academic community, central and local authorities at central and regional levels) including planning, supervision, communication and reporting;
- General project assistant duties to staff in the cooperation section
- Analysis of legislative and policy developments on various topics (human rights and civil society, cooperation portfolio overview, economic development, etc);
- General information activity and consultations: daily work with queries from students, government, NGOs, other embassies and general public;
- Support in the development of sector specific studies and reports;
- Support with the preparation of briefings, excel tables and analyses of EU cooperation portfolio in Azerbaijan
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Section.
- Participation in the implementation of press and information activities and meetings with civil society;
- Assistance in reporting to Headquarters on the political situation and the situation of civil society and Human Rights and on ad-hoc sectoral or economic issues.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – COOP Section
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.