Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in India?
What we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political (POL); Environment, Energy, Climate Change(ENV); Trade (TR); Research & Innovation (R&I); Cooperation (CO) or Press and Information (PI) sections of the EU Delegation to India, starting in November 2019.
Traineeship in Political Section: Main tasks:
- Produce the daily press review, from analysing the Indian printed press and online media, including opinion pieces
- Contribute to the Delegation's reporting on current developments in India as well as on events/seminars organised by the Delegation or others institutions. Support to and research for the production of briefing books, background info, CVs, speaking elements, lines to take, brochures and fact sheets, such as our Indian States fiches database
- Engage in a longer term research for a comprehensive report on an issue to be agreed on and that fits the academics needs of the intern as well as the interest of the delegation
- Take notes and draft minutes for EU Coordination Meetings with EU Member States, and for internal Delegation meetings, assistance to the drafting of minutes, support to meeting management
- Support to public diplomacy activities for events, marking of international days, social media feeds (small articles, photos, FB posts and tweets)
- Produce a social media monitor, from the websites and social media of Indian government and key politicians, and of select Embassies
- Participate to meetings of the Political section, of the EU delegation, of EU coordination, of external meetings and events, as appropriate
Traineeship in Environment Section:Main tasks:
- Helping shape the sections cooperation with India on environment, transport, urbanization , energy and climate change
- Helping strengthen the existing cooperation with EU Member States
- Contribute to the sections reporting to Brussels
- Specific research tasks based on the candidates interest and expertise
Traineeship in Trade Section: Main tasks:
- Work on aspects of EU-India trade and economic relations in a large variety of economic sectors, ranging from agriculture to financial services
- Focus on market access and/or regulatory issues
- Involve in activities related to areas such as migration policy
- Prepare reports on issues covered by the section
- Attend and report on meetings, seminars and other events
- Provide research support to the section on the basis of need
- Participate in the organization and reporting of monthly meetings of EU economic/commercial and agriculture counsellors
Traineeship in Research & Innovation Section: Main tasks:
- Work on cooperation on research and innovation between the European Union and India, promoting the research and innovation opportunities for Indian scientific community in the EU's research and innovation framework programme 'Horizon 2020' both collaborative research and mobility of scientists
- Closely follow the developments on research and innovation in India with a focus on innovation and understanding the innovation ecosystem so as to enhance co-creation and development between India and European companies and research institutes
- Produce reports on issues covered by the section
- To attend and report on meetings, seminars and other events
- To provide research support to the section on the basis of need
- Participate in the organization and reporting of monthly meetings of EU S&T Counsellors
Traineeship in Cooperation Section: Main tasks:
- Follow attentively Indian Developments on Co-operation and with the donor partners (UN organizations, WB etc.) and EU Members States
- Collect information and prepare reports on relevant subjects like, education, health, environment, energy
- Attend conferences and workshops on the same above-mentioned issues and report accordingly
- Assist the team in tasks related to the chairmanship of EU Development Counselors meeting (prepare input, attend the meetings, draft minutes).
Traineeship in Press & Information Section:Main tasks:
- Deal with Indian and international press and media
- Running public diplomacy campaigns, including the Delegation's website and social media channels.
- Contribute to the conceptualization and implementation of large-scale events such as the European Union Film Festival across multiple cities in India
- Support the running of other PR activities on an ad-hoc basis e.g. presentations, conferences, and seminars.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: email@example.com
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - [Name of the Section]
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses (Annex of the Decision ADMIN(2019)2). All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
For more information please refer to: https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/india/670/india-and-eu_en
The policy on the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data applies