EUCAP Sahel Niger aims to help establish an integrated, coherent, sustainable and Human rights-based approach among the various Nigerien security actors in the fight against terrorism and organised crime.
As such, the mission is designed to provide advice and training to support the Nigerien authorities in strengthening their capacities. Over 100 international experts, the majority of whom are from European security forces and justice departments, are permanently deployed in Niamey.
- Help Niger's security forces achieve interoperability and develop their operating strategies.
- Strengthen the Nigerien security sector's expertise in combating terrorism and organised crime.
- Improve the human resources, training and logistics management policies to ensure that the achievements made under objectives 1 and 2 can be sustained.
- Support the development of regional and international coordination in the fight against terrorism and organised crime.
- Support the security forces' capability to better control migration flows and to combat irregular migration and associated criminal activity more effectively.