This site has been archived on 04 October 2017
orgánico a base de hierbas kamagra España dañado el remedio de cabello propecia España Remedios naturales contra la gripe

Consular Protection

When living or traveling outside the EU, you sometimes need help from your embassy/consulate – but what if your country has no diplomatic mission in that country?

No problem – under EU law you’re entitled to help from any other EU Member State‘s embassy/consulate – under the same conditions as their nationals.

So exactly what help can you get in such situations?

You are eligible for consular protection if you are:

  • national of an EU Member State
  • in distress in a country outside the EU where your country does not have an embassy/consulate

Typical situations where you may need help

  • passport lost or stolen
  • serious accident or illness
  • violent crime
  • arrest or detention
  • emergency relief / repatriation (natural disasters, civil unrest, armed conflict or other emergencies)
  • death while abroad

All assistance and notification of your relatives, friends, doctor and/or employer at home will be handled by the embassy/consulate you approached, through your own country’s foreign ministry.

For more information visit: