How to participate in Horizon 2020
To participate in a cooperative research project, a Japanese researcher/institution needs to join in a consortium consisting of at least three institutions from at least three EU Member States or Associated Countries. For research mobility schemes, a Japanese researcher needs to submit a proposal to a call (MSCA, ERC), published on the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal, which includes the Guide for Applicants.
Video：MSCA in a nutshell
How to apply?
Information about available programmes or funds in Japan that could provide support to Japanese Horizon 2020 participants:
Find out more on Horizon 2020 from these sources:
- Find your Call for Proposals
- Apply through the Participants Portal
- Find a partner in the Partner search site or the CORDIS Partner Service
For inquiries, including in Japanese, please contact the following institutions:
- National Contact Point Japan: ncp-japan.jp; email@example.com; (Horizon 2020 help desk)
- JEUPISTE (Horizon 2020 support project): www.jeupiste.eu; firstname.lastname@example.org; (general inquiries on Horizon 2020)
- EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation (Support for SMEs): www.eu-japan.eu; email@example.com
- Delegation of the European Union to Japan, Science &Technology Section: DELEGATION-JAPAN-ST@eeas.europa.eu (general inquiries)
- EURAXESS Links Japan japan.euraxess.org; firstname.lastname@example.org (researcher mobility)
Other useful sources of information:
Video on Horizon 2020, An interview with Cristina Russo, Director of International Cooperation, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- 2015/10/05  EU-Japan Science Policy Forum debates foresight in Kyoto...
- 2015/05/29  New strategic partnership in Research and Innovation...
- 2015/05/29  EU and Japan step up cooperation on 5G mobile technology and...
- 2015/05/29  Japanese researchers to join ERC teams in Europe
- 2015/05/18  3rd EU-Japan Joint Committee on Science and Technology...