26/08/15 - Statement on attack on ICRC office in Aden
Statement by EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Christos Stylianides on the attack against the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Yemen
05/08/15 - EU gives €12 million in new humanitarian aid for the crisis in Yemen and its impact in the Horn of Africa
The European Commission is increasing its humanitarian aid by €12 million for people affected by the crisis in Yemen. The support will help address the most pressing needs of the suffering population.
- 10/07/15 - Joint statement by High Representative / Vice-President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Christos Stylianides
The UN Secretary General announced yesterday that his Special Envoy for Yemen had gathered the commitment of President Hadi and his government, the Houthis as well as the General People’s Congress and other Yemeni parties to implement an unconditional humanitarian pause to start on Friday, 10 July until the end of Ramadan.
- 26/06/15 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the occasion of the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, 26 June 2015
- 09/06/15 - Statement by the Spokesperson on the possible resumption of UN-led talks on Yemen in Geneva on 14 June
- 27/05/15 - Yemen: Teamwork Enables Provision of Much Needed Medical Supplies [503 KB]
In response to an urgent request from the Yemen Ministry of Public Health and Population (MoPHP), procurement of EUR 200,000 worth of medicine and consumables was recently organized and carried out by the project team of the European Union (EU) funded ‘Support for Effective Stewardship in the Yemeni Health Sector’ Project and Reproductive Health and Population Programme.
- 16/02/15 - Open letter to Ansarullah
We are deeply saddened that President Hadi, Prime Minister Bahah and other government ministers remain under house arrest. Depriving people from the freedom of mobility is an unacceptable act that infringes the most basic of human rights. The EU calls for an immediate end to these house arrests.
- 09/02/15 - Council Conclusions on Yemen
- 23/01/15 - Statement by the High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini on the latest developments in Yemen
Last night's resignation of the President of Yemen as well as the Yemeni Prime Minister and his Cabinet, coupled with the violence that we have witnessed in Sana'a and in several provinces of Yemen, including in Mareb, is putting the remarkable promises of the Yemeni transition in jeopardy.
- 20/01/15 - Statement by the HR/VP Federica Mogherini on the ongoing situation in Yemen
Fighting in Sana’a since yesterday, especially around the Presidential palace, the targeting of Prime Minister Bahah's convoy and the attempt to besiege the Republican Palace where the Prime Minister held meetings clearly aim at derailing Yemen’s democratic transition under the Gulf Cooperation Council Initiative.