Business Analyst (07/06/2013 14:41:43)
The EIB, as the Bank of the European Union, is dedicated to improving the future of people’s lives, in Europe and around the world. It achieves its goals thanks to a diverse and highly qualified workforce, motivated to support the financing of sound investment projects that deliver tangible results.
We are seeking to recruit for our Resident Representation in Kiev, Ukraine, a:
The successful candidate will support the Head of Resident representation (HoRR) and Loan Officers at headquarters in Luxembourg in carrying out EIB operations in Ukraine and the neighbouring region. This role gives opportunities to make varied, interesting and substantial contributions to the appraisal and monitoring of EIB activities in the region.
The deadline for applications is 27 June 2013.
For more details and to apply, please go to https://erecruitment.eib.org, seelcting Job ID 100642
The EIB seeks to appoint an experienced candidate to support the Head of Resident Representation (HoRR) and Loan Officers of the Eastern Neighbours and Central Asia Department at headquarters in Luxembourg in carrying out EIB operations in Ukraine and the neighbouring region.
This role consists in making varied and substantial contributions to the assessment and monitoring of EIB activities in the region.
EIB Resident Representation, Kiev, Ukraine
The selected candidate will report directly to the Head of the Resident Representation in Kiev and work in close cooperation with the relevant Loan Officer in thewill co-operate closely with the Loan Officer in the geographical division at Head Quarters in Luxembourg.
- Support EIB lending/investment processes;
- Liaise with project promoters and loan officers for both first level screening, in detailed examination and appraisal of financing proposals;
- Contribute to prospecting for new business (e.g. via attendance at investors/professional events; information gathering through the media);
- University degree in science, economics or business, with strong focus on quantitative analysis, so that the candidate is highly numerate, preferably supplemented by post-graduate studies and/or specialised training in market or credit/financial analysis;
- At least 2-3 years relevant professional experience working with/in the financial sector, in strategy or technical consultancy. Relevant and recent professional experience in Ukraine;
- Experience in working in the municipal services sector, and/or with municipal utilities or utility companies will be considered an advantage. (The municipal services of interest include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment, energy efficiency in buildings, public lighting and district heating);
- Knowledge of/Experience in project preparation and evaluation, provision of technical assistance;
- Ability to review and summarise technical descriptions of investment plans for municipal infrastructure;
- Knowledge of standard IT office tools (Word, Excel, Power point) and of statistical and database query software
- Languages: excellent knowledge of spoken and written Ukrainian and Russian, excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of Romanian will be an advantage.
- Critical thinking: high numeracy, analysis and problem solving, judgement;
- Communication and teamwork: developing internal and external relationships, clear and concise oral and written communication; capacity for rapid and clear analysis and reporting; negotiation ability, teamwork;
- Self-managing: willingness to learn, reliability, organising and prioritising, attention to detail, flexibility and adaptability, ability to work under stress/time pressure.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.