20/12/11 - Ukraine-EU Summit Joint Statement
Today, the EU-funded Twining Project on Statistics “Development of new Statistical Methodologies and Indicators in Selected Areas of Statistics in line with EU Statistical Standards” has been officially launched. With a € 1 million budget, the Project wil over a period of 18 months provide assistance to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine (SSSU) to implement the relevant actions foreseen in the forthcoming EU-Ukraine Association Agreement.
- 12/12/11 - European Union supports Ukraine to boost Trade and Consumer Confidence
The British Standards Institution, the United Kingdom Accreditation Service, the National Physical Laboratory (UK) and the Federal Institute for Material Research and Testing of Germany are partnering to strengthen the National Accreditation Agency of Ukraine. On 14 December, a the new Twinning Project “Further development of the National Accreditation Agency of Ukraine (NAAU) according to the European Practices” will be presented.
- 09/12/11 - Declaration by the High Representative Catherine Ashton
- 06/12/11 - EU Commissioner announces new "Erasmus for All"
- 05/12/11 - European Parliament adopted recommendations on negotiations with Ukraine
On December 1st the European Parliament adopted a resolution containing recommendations to the EU institutions on association talks with Ukraine.
- 05/12/11 - Public Speech of Commissioner Vassiliou at Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- 29/11/11 - European Commission adopted 2nd part of the regional action programme for Eastern Neighbourhood
On 28 November the European Commission adopted the second part of the 2011 regional action programme for the Eastern Neighbourhood and Russia.
- 29/11/11 - Tempus & Erasmus Mundus: Kyiv prepares for EaP conference on higher education
On 5-6 December Kyiv will host the Eastern Partnership conference on higher education “Tempus & Erasmus Mundus: Opportunities for the Eastern Partnership”.
- 29/11/11 - Joint Operational Programme Romania–Ukraine–Republic of Moldova (2007 – 2013) launches 2nd call for proposals
The Joint Operational Programme Romania–Ukraine–Republic of Moldova (2007 – 2013) launches 2nd call for proposals for cross-border projects.
- 28/11/11 - Poznań to host Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum this week
The 3rd annual meeting of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum, “A partnership for democratic reforms and European integration”, will be held in Poznań from 28 to 30 November.
- 25/11/11 - EU condemns the sentencing of HR defender Ales Byalyatski
- 18/11/11 - Youth is actively involved in preservation of historical memory and dialogue between generations
On Saturday, 19 November most active Euroclubs from different regions of Ukraine will gather at the first workshop on the preservation of historical memory at the EU Delegation in Kyiv.
- 15/11/11 - EU Immigration Portal has been launched
The EU Immigration Portal has been launched by the European Commission in connection with the adoption of the Communication on the Global Approach to Migration and Mobility.
- 16/11/11 - Tempus call for proposals: Information Days planned to be held in Kyiv in December
A number of Information Days will be held across the neighbourhood partner countries in the coming months to support beneficiaries with their project applications for the Tempus IV Higher Education Programme’s fifth call for proposals, which has just been published.
- 16/11/11 - “Study in Europe” comes to Kyiv from 17-19 November 2011
Europe offers more than four thousand higher education institutions, from top-level research establishments to small, teaching-focused colleges. A rich academic heritage is based around many landmarks in human knowledge, while at the same time Europe is a hotbed of research and innovation, home to first-class resources and top scientists working in fields ranging from medicine to space travel, and from nanotechnology to polar research.
- 10/11/11 - European Commission announces call for proposals in the field of migration and asylum for ENPI countries
- 10/11/11 - European Commission announces EUR16.5 million call for gender equality actions in ENPI countries
- 08/11/11 - European Commission published a forecast for climate change programme in Russia and Eastern Neighbourhood countries
- 08/11/11 - European Commission published a forecast for a project on strengthening non-State actors' capacities in Eastern Partnership
- 07/11/11 - European Commission announces Call for Proposals for non-state actors
- 01/11/11 - Strengthening data protection in Ukraine: a common vision
- 01/11/11 - EU-funded project organises new guided tour of avant-garde heritage in Kyiv
- 28/10/11 - Adopted European Parliament resolution of 27 October 2011 on the current developments in Ukraine
- 27/10/11 - Euro area summit agrees the way out of economic crisis
- 24/10/11 - EU leaders: pace of Eastern neighbours’ integration depends on democracy
- 21/10/11 - Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht speech in the European Parliament October 20, 2011
- 21/10/11 - EU improves situation with irregular migrants in Ukraine
- 21/10/11 - Energy Community – Five years of regional cooperation
- 20/10/11 - Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine CBC announces third Call for Proposals
- 18/10/11 - Ombudsmen and NGOs from region meet to Monitor Torture and Ill-treatment of Children in Jail
- 17/10/11 - The Eastern Partnership Journalistic Prize
- 13/10/11 - Catherine Ashton Speech on the situation in Ukraine European Parliament Bruxelles, 12 October 2011
- 12/10/11 - Joint declaration by Catherine Ashton and Thorbjørn Jagland on the European and World Day against the Death Penalty, 10 October 2011
- 11/10/11 - Buzek on sentencing former Ukrainian PM Tymoshenko
- 11/10/11 - Implementation of the ENP in 2011 - Invitation to contribute information
- 11/10/11 - Declaration by the High Representative Catherine Ashton on behalf of the European Union on the verdict in the case of Ms Yulia Tymoshenko
- 11/10/11 - Buzek on sentencing former Ukrainian PM Tymoshenko
- 11/10/11 - Implementation of the ENP in 2011 - Invitation to contribute information
- 05/10/11 - Volley tournament to build bridges between Ukrainian and Moldovan border-management and law-enforcement services
- 04/10/11 - EU Ambassadors visit Ukrainian border region to EU: the rayons around Izmayil
- 04/10/11 - The Commission makes headway in its cooperation in the area of JHA within the Eastern Partnership
- 04/10/11 - EU supports Ukraine to train Civil Servants
- 03/10/11 - Registration opens for the Tempus Information Days
- 29/09/11 - Eastern Partnership Summit, Warsaw, 29 and 30 September 2011
At the invitation of the President of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy, and the Polish Prime Minister, Donald Tusk, the EU and the Eastern Partnership countries will meet in Warsaw on 29 and 30 September.
- 29/09/11 - Visa-free travel with the EU is a goal for all of the six Eastern Partnership countries, says Commission
- 28/09/11 - Statement by the Head of the EU Delegation in Ukraine, Ambassador José Manuel Pinto Teixeira
- 27/09/11 - Visa-free travel with the EU is a goal for all of the six Eastern Partnership countries, says Commission
- 27/09/11 - EU ministers expect Ukraine FTA talks to be finalized by the end of the year
- 22/09/11 - Štefan Füle speech at the conference "Ukraine 20 years on: challenges for the future"
- 23/09/11 - EU evaluates Ukraine’s implementation of the Visa Liberalization Action Plan
- 20/09/11 - EIB provides EUR 175 million for upgrading Ukraine’s high voltage transmission network
- 12/09/11 - Press announcement: EU Twinning Project on gas sector regulation to hold a closing conference
- 08/09/11 - EU must speak with one voice on external energy markets, Commission says
- 06/09/11 - EU publishes call for technical assistance project for EaP electronic communications regulators
- 29/08/11 - EU does not recognize elections in Abkhazia
- 29/08/11 - European Union Prepares Trainers for Participation in Research Programmes
- 26/08/11 - New EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia
Today, on August 26th, the EU Council adopted a decision to appoint Philippe Lefort as the European Union Special Representative (EUSR) for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia.
- 26/08/11 - EU Ambassador is visiting Sevastopol
Jose Manuel Pinto Teixeira, EU's Ambassador to Ukraine, is in Sevastopol today, on the occasion of the visit of the Italian Navy training ship Amerigo Vespucci.
- 22/08/11 - EU Delegation to Organise Information Meeting on NSA-LA and EIDHR Calls for Proposals for Ukraine
- 08/08/11 - European Commission launches EIDHR call for proposals for Ukraine
- 08/08/11 - The European Commission proposes to allocate EUR 70 billion to EU external action activities
- 06/08/11 - Joint statement by EU High Representative Catherine Ashton and Commissioner Stefan Füle on the arrest of Yulia Tymoshenko
- 28/07/11 - EU opened a new grant program for Ukrainian NGOs
EU announces the Call for Proposals in Ukraine in the framework of “Non-state actors (NSA) and local authorities (LA) in Development” Programme.
- 27/07/11 - EU Encourages Research Cooperation in Space Area
July 28-29, Kyiv: the researchers of the Ukrainian space community will meet with colleagues from France to discuss the technical aspects of potential cooperation within the EU 7th Framework Programme on Research and Technology Development (FP7).
- 20/07/11 - The European Union remains strongly committed to the modernisation of Ukrainian Gas Transportation System (GTS)
- 18/07/11 - Nearly one hundred young people participated in Gender movie camp
- 18/07/11 - Deutsche Bundesbank and National Bank of Poland work to strengthen National Bank of Ukraine
- 15/07/11 - EU calls on Ukrainian scientists to Participate in European Research Programmes
- 13/07/11 - European Union provides EUR 30 million for institutional reforms in Ukraine
- 13/07/11 - European Commission experts to assess Danish border measures
- 13/07/11 - The European Union and Ukraine jointly defined the list of priorities for 2011-2012
- 13/07/11 - European Union sets up European Information Support Centre in Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Reliable access to information on all EU-related matters has become increasingly important for the Ukrainian law-makers and civil servants. The EuInfoCentre will offer up-to-date information on the European Union and provide professional assistance in legal research. Members of the Parliament of Ukraine, parliamentary staff and Ukrainian civil servants will benefit from access to professional legal databases, in particular a large number of journals on EU law. The users will also avail of expert support on web search methodologies and relevant information management, and receive assistance in EU law research. The EuInfoCentre will post news and information on EU developments and events, especially those related to Ukraine, on its own web-page, of particular interest to the Parliament.
- 12/07/11 - Administration of the President of Ukraine requests the Council of Europe to review a Ukrainian public broadcasting bill
On June 17 the Representative of the Secretary General in charge of the co-ordination of the co-operation programmes with Ukraine, Ambassador Vladimir Ristovski met with the Presidential Adviser, Head of Main Office for Humanitarian and Social-Political Affairs at the Presidential Administration of Ukraine Ms Hanna Herman.
- 11/07/11 - Jean Monnet Programme results of 2011 calls for proposals announced
- 11/07/11 - Selection results for Tempus IV – Fourth call for proposals announced
- 08/07/11 - Black Sea Basin Joint Operational Programme launches second call for proposals
- 07/07/11 - Commission launches new Neighbourhood Transport Action Plan
- 07/07/11 - Three Ukrainian pupils enter finals of EU International Drawing Competition
- 05/07/11 - European Commission allocates EUR 47 million to boost higher education in European Neighborhood countries and Russia
The Commission announced it would allocate EUR 47 million to support higher education projects in the European Neighbourhood countries and Russia under the Tempus Programme.
- 01/07/11 - New ENP budget can reach EUR 16 billion
- 30/06/11 - Declaration by the High Representative, Catherine Ashton, on behalf of the European Union on the occasion of the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, 26 June
- 30/06/11 - EU launches competition for Ukrainian companies
- 29/06/11 - Invitation to press conference of Polish and EU Ambassadors on 4 July 2011
- 29/06/11 - Who and how discriminates Ukrainians at work? – New data from the labor market to be presented just before the EU contest "Equal Opportunities: Best Employer 2011"
- 29/06/11 - EU and ILO work together to promote gender equality at work
- 24/06/11 - Ukraine, Belarus agreed to do stress tests for nuclear power plants
- 23/06/11 - European Commission proposes set of measures to boost energy efficiency
- 23/06/11 - Commission launches a new call for proposals under the MEDIA Mundus programme
- 23/06/11 - Ukrainian hospitals protect against the epidemic of violence
- 23/06/11 - Ukraine and the EU celebrate Danube day
- 21/06/11 - European Union Helps to Reform the Coal Sector in Ukraine
- 20/06/11 - EU and Ukraine work together for better Training for Safer Food
- 20/06/11 - European Union in 2012 opens new opportunities for Ukrainian researchers
- 17/06/11 - Youth tested: “Gene of Equality” short films contest presented in Kyiv
- 17/06/11 - Erasmus Mundus pre-departure orientation meeting for new scholarship holders from Ukraine and Belarus in Kyiv
The annual joint Erasmus Mundus pre-departure orientation for the students from Ukraine and Belarus was held in Kyiv on the 10-11th of June 2011.
- 17/06/11 - European Union supports Ukraine to Train and Select Judges
- 09/06/11 - EU Cooperation Counsellors share experiences in improving the lives of children and local communities
- 08/06/11 - External public procurement markets: Commission launched public consultations
- 03/06/11 - EU helps to prepare Ukrainian Managers for EU Research Projects
- 03/06/11 - Half a million Ukrainians make a stand against violence
A national information campaign calling for Ukrainians to join together to say no to violence starts today. Funded by the European Union, with the support of the Ministry for Family, Youth and Sports of Ukraine, the campaign centres on the distribution of 500,000 magenta bracelets across the country with the slogan “Stay Human” (“Zalyshays’a Ludynoju”). In Kyiv, the campaign kicks off on 3rd June at 13:00 on Kreshchatyk with the unveiling of a monument to respect and love, with joined hands as a symbol of Ukrainians uniting against violence.
- 01/06/11 - 183 Trafficked children assisted through a European Union-funded project
- 02/06/11 - EIB supports with EUR 450 million upgrade of roads in Ukraine
- 01/06/11 - Commission signs financing agreement to provide a further €17 million in support of community-based local development in Ukraine
- 31/05/11 - Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine-Republic of Moldova 2007-2013 invites to participate in two partnership forums
The Joint Managing Authority and the Joint Technical Secretariat of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine-Republic of Moldova 2007-2013 will organize two partnership forums in order to facilitate partnership building among interested organizations.
- 26/05/11 - Statement by the spokesperson of EU High Representative Catherine Ashton on the case of Yulia Tymoshenko
- 26/05/11 - European Neighbourhood Policy - Country Report 2010 on Ukraine
- 25/05/11 - Invitation for TEMPUS conference on quality assurance in the management of internationalization
- 25/05/11 - A new and ambitious European Neighbourhood Policy
- 25/05/11 - Presentation of EU Progress Report on Ukraine - Invitation to the press conference of the EU Ambassador Pinto Teixeira
- 24/05/11 - Holistic Strategies Needed to Combat Violence against Children in Europe
- 23/05/11 - 88 million euro call for proposals for Poland-Belarus-Ukraine Cross-border Cooperation Programme
The Second Call for Proposals, worth more than €88 million, has been launched for the Cross-border Cooperation Programme Poland-Belarus-Ukraine 2007-2013.
- 23/05/11 - Catherine Ashton opens European Union office in Benghazi
- 23/05/11 - EU Project Prepares Trainers to Boost Ukrainian Participation in European Research Programmes
- 23/05/11 - More and more Ukrainians see EU as good neighbour
Increasing numbers say country has benefited from EU policies
- 20/05/11 - Conference on combating violence against children to take place on 24 May
- 18/05/11 - EU helps Ukraine to develop safer food and improve quality control
The European Union (EU) has provided €1.26 million in assistance to the Ukrainian veterinary services.
- 18/05/11 - European Film Festival to be held in Kyiv and Donetsk
- 17/05/11 - Joint EUBAM, Security and Intelligence Service of the Republic of Moldova, and SECI Center Investigation: Trans-border cooperation results in huge cigarette-smuggling bust
- 10/05/11 - Requests for funding near €100 million under Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine CBC call for proposals
The total amount of financing requested under the Hungary-Slovakia-Romania-Ukraine ENPI CBC Programme 2007-2013 second Call for Proposals is approaching €100 million, seven times more than the available ENPI allocation within the first Call.
- 09/05/11 - Catherine Ashton, “Coherence in a changing world”
On May 9th the European Union marks the symbolic date when Robert Schuman put forward his ideas on a united Europe to bring lasting peace and prosperity to our continent. The core of Schuman's vision was to build Europe not by a single decision or a single design but step by step. By pooling sovereignty, and building solidarity through concrete common projects. And that is what has happened.
- 05/05/11 - Commission published service procurement notices for journalist training, opinion polling and media monitoring projects in ENPI countries
The European Commission has published service procurement notices for two contracts aimed at enhancing journalist skills, holding media monitoring and opinion polling in ENPI states.
- 04/05/11 - Commission launches the Lorenzo Natali Prize 2011 for journalists throughout the world
On May 3rd, 2011, on World Press Freedom Day, the Commission launched the Lorenzo Natali Journalism Prize 2011.
- 04/05/11 - Declaration by the High Representative, Catherine Ashton, on behalf of the EU on the occasion of World Press Freedom Day, 3 May 2011
"Freedom of opinion and expression is a fundamental right of every human being and an inherent part of human dignity. It is also a cornerstone of democracy and crucial for the free flow of information to which everyone is entitled. On the occasion of World Press Freedom day, the European Union recalls these basic principles, enshrined in international law, and the vital role played by independent and free press and media. The EU pays particular tribute to the invaluable work of the many journalists and media professionals around the world who with dedication and courage contribute to revealing the truth about unfolding events.
- 29/04/11 - Inaugural meeting of the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly to be held on 3 May
The first EURONEST Parliamentary Meeting will be held in Brussels on Tuesday 3 May. The meeting will be not attended by the representatives from Belarus.
- 21/04/11 - Speech by President Barroso at the meeting with business representatives, Kyiv, 18 April 2011
- 20/04/11 - Speech by President Barroso at the Kiev Summit for safe and innovative use of Nuclear Energy
- 19/04/11 - Remarks by President Barroso at the press point after the Chernobyl Pledging Conference in Kiev
- 18/04/11 - Statement by President Barroso following his meeting with the President of Ukraine Mr Yanukovich
- 18/04/11 - European Commission pledges €110 million to complete safety work on Chernobyl site
- 18/04/11 - EU Encourages Ukrainian Intermediaries to get involved in European Research Programmes
- 14/04/11 - Energy taxation: Commission promotes energy efficiency and more environmental friendly products
- 07/04/11 - European Union and UNICEF help to protect the rights of the vulnerable children
- 06/04/11 - Action “Environment without Garbage” (10 April, Ukraine)
- 05/04/11 - EU unlocks capacity of Ukrainian research organizations for international cooperation
- 04/04/11 - European Union Visitors Programme- Call for interest
(Deadline for applications is 25 April 2011).
- 04/04/11 - Press Conference on the EU Sustainable Energy Week in Ukraine on April 6
- 31/03/11 - EU Ambassador To Visit Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv
- 31/03/11 - EU-funded East Invest initiative will be launched on 31 March
- 29/03/11 - EU contributes to Improvement of Gas Metrology in Ukraine
- 25/03/11 - Joint Press Brief on Public Procurement Issues by the European Union Delegation and the World Bank
- 24/03/11 - Statement by Commissioner Stefan Füle following his meeting with Mrs. Yulia Tymoshenko
- 22/03/11 - Council conclusions on Libya
- 22/03/11 - JOURNALIST INVITATION - Opening of the Resident Representation of the European Investment Bank Group in Ukraine
- 21/03/11 - KICK-OFF MEETING OF EU FUNDED PROJECT ON CLIMATE TECHNOLOGIES AT THE DONETSK NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- 17/03/11 - The EU will carry out special tests of its nuclear reactors
During the meeting of the European Parliament’s Energy Committee the European Commissioner for Energy Günther Oettinger said the EU will conduct special stress tests on nuclear reactors.
- 16/03/11 - EU and CoE stress the needs to improve protection of women and children’s rights in Ukraine
- 09/03/11 - Commission sets out Roadmap for building a competitive low-carbon Europe by 2050
On 8th March the European Commission adopted a Roadmap for moving to a competitive low-carbon economy in 2050. The Roadmap provides guidance on how this transition can be achieved in the most cost-effective way.
- 09/03/11 - EU Commission launches ambitious Partnership for Democracy and Shared Prosperity with the Southern Mediterranean
- 09/03/11 - EU opens research projects for Ukrainian scientists
Invitation for the press conference
- 09/03/11 - The European Union invites children to take part in the drawing competition on the theme of equality between men and women
- 07/03/11 - Schengen visas: over a million visas issued for Ukrainian citizens in 2010
The Visa Facilitation Agreement continues to have positive consequences. Preliminary data for visa issuance to the Schengen area show that over one million visa were issued in 2010.
- 07/03/11 - Statement by Commissioner Štefan Füle following the Signature of the Memorandum of Understanding on the National Indicative Programme for Ukraine
- 04/03/11 - The 2011 Europe Day Celebration jointly organised with the EU Delegation to Ukraine will take place in Mykolayiv
- 03/03/11 - Some non-EU states joined sanctions against officials of Belarus
- 02/03/11 - EU-supported photo-exhibition «International Women Day – History in Photos» opens today
United Nations in Ukraine together with the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine with the support of the State Service for Youth and Sports of Ukraine are presenting the photo-exhibition «International Women’s Day – History in Photos».
- 02/03/11 - EU ready to start negotiations with Belarus on visa facilitation and readmission agreements
On 28 February, the Transport, Telecommunications and Energy Council adopted negotiating directives on facilitation of the issuance of short-stay visas and readmission agreements authorizing the Commission to open negotiations with Belarus.
- 01/03/11 - EU-backed film “The King’s Speech” wins four Oscars
European Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou has welcomed the major success of EU-backed film “The King's Speech”, which was crowned with four Oscars at 83rd Academy Awards ceremony in Hollywood.
- 28/02/11 - EU imposes sanctions on Libyan regime
Today, on February 28th, the Council of the European Union imposed sanctions against the Muammar Qadhafi’s regime.
- 25/02/11 - EU and IMF: Greece makes progress in reforms
Greece makes progress in achieving objectives of the reform program, set as a condition for using credit funds provided by the euro area and IMF. This is the major conclusion of the third review of the government’s economic program made by staff teams from the European Commission (EC), European Central Bank (ECB), and International Monetary Fund (IMF) that visited Athens during January 27 to February 11.
- 22/02/11 - EU-funded project supports the training of Savik Shuster's "Young leaders"
Invitation for the media to the press conference The project ""Support to Sustainable Regional Development" financed by the European Union in Ukraine has teamed up with Savik Shuster´s TV initiative "Become a Leader". Since the important aim of the project is to strengthen the capacity for effective management of regional development in Ukrainian regions, the project has invited the winners of the Savik Shuster's "Become a Leader" TV program to participate in a specialised training on how to manage projects in Kyiv on February 21-25.
- 18/02/11 - EU provisionally suspends import duties on cereals for certain tariff quotas
- 18/02/11 - The Delegation of the European Union welcomes the recent decision of the Simferopol City Council to grant land for the construction of the Central Mosque in Simferopol
- 18/02/11 - Technical assistance project "Preparatory studies for modernization of Ukraine's gas transit and storage" has been launched today
- 18/02/11 - European Parliament backs EU’s free trade deal with South Korea
Today, on February 17th, European Parliament voted in favour of a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the European Union (EU) and South Korea.
- 16/02/11 - Air transport: Commission launches infringement procedures against six Member States
The European Commission has today launched infringement procedures against Cyprus, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain over their bilateral air service agreements with Russia, sending each of these Member States a formal request for information known as a 'letter of formal notice'.
- 14/02/11 - MEDIA Mundus: Commission supports first projects
The first 34 projects funded under the new MEDIA Mundus funding programme – a worldwide cooperation and exchange initiative for the film industry – were announced on February 10th by Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou, at the opening of the 61st Berlin International Film Festival.
- 09/02/11 - EU-supported Agency for Regional Development officially launched in Crimea
Vasyl Dzharty, Chairman of the Council of Minister of Crimea, José Manuel Pinto Teixeira, European Union Ambassador and Olivier Adam, UNDP Resident Representative officially opened the Agency for Regional Development of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea (ARD), based in Simferopol. They cut the ribbon inaugurating the premises of the Agency, established by the Council of Ministers of Crimea in mid-2010. The major tasks of the Agency will be to coordinate and manage regional socio-economic development activities and to promote the region at the national and international levels.
- 07/02/11 - The official opening of the EU-supported Agency for Regional Development in Crimea (09 Ferbuary, Simferopol)
The Agency will be officially launched by Vasyl Dzharty, Chairman of the Council of Minister of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, José Manuel Pinto Teixeira, European Union Ambassador and Olivier Adam, UNDP Resident Representative on 09 February, at 11:00.
- 07/02/11 - Unique opportunity to meet Ukrainian and EU chief free trade negotiators - invitation to the press
Valery Pyatnitsky and Philippe Cuisson, Ukrainian and EU chief free trade negotiators, will speak at the rountable devoted to current negotiations on 10 February 2011, 13:00 at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (33 Velyka Zhytomirska street). The EU Ambassador José Manuel Pinto Teixeira will be also present.
- 04/02/11 - The EU helps Preserving Steppe Biodiversity Conservation in Ukraine
- 03/02/11 - European Commission announces priority area coordinators for EU Strategy for Danube Region
On February 3rd, the European Commissioner for Regional Policy Johannes Hahn, together with Hungarian Foreign Minister Janos Martonyi, announced in Budapest which countries and regions will lead priority areas of work of the EU’s Danube Strategy.
- 02/02/11 - Energy policy – key issue of the European Council meeting on 4th February
The European Council will come together on 4th February in order to discuss the issue of EU’s energy policy, which is crucial for the Union’s security and economic success.
- 02/02/11 - FOUNDING CONFERENCE OF THE UKRAINIAN NATIONAL PLATFORM
Founding Conference of the Ukrainian National Platform for the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
- 28/01/11 - EU marks Data Protection Day
Today EU marks Data Protection Day. On this occasion the European Commission and Council of Europe are joining forces to promote the fundamental right to data privacy.
- 27/01/11 - European External Action Service sends a senior officials’ mission to Tunisia
On behalf of the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the European Commission Catherine Ashton, a mission at the level of EEAS senior officials has been sent to Tunisia yesterday, on January 26th.
- 18/10/11 - Ombudsmen and NGOs from region meet to Monitor Torture and Ill-treatment of Children in Jail
- 25/01/11 - The EU helps protecting Ukrainian vulnerable wet ecosystems against climate change
- 24/01/11 - EU provides 1.2 billion UAH (116 million euro) under the new financing agreements with the Government of Ukraine
- 24/01/11 - The Jean Monnet Programme announced a new call for proposals
- 24/01/11 - THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE CONTINUE PROMOTING EUROPEAN STANDARDS IN THE UKRAINIAN MEDIA
- 18/01/11 - Statement of Štefan Füle, European Commissioner for Enlargement and Neighbourhood Policy, at the Joint press conference with Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Gryshchenko, Kyiv, 10 January 2011
- 18/01/11 - EU to finance operation of MARS crop yield forecasting system in Ukraine
On January 12, 2011 the European Commission, represented by the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, signed a contract for the supply of equipment and software to operate the MARS crop yield forecasting system in Ukraine.
- 17/01/11 - The Delegation of the European Union is looking for cities to jointly organise Europe day festivities in 2011
The Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine is going to co-organise Europe day celebrations in one of Ukrainian cities. Therefore, the EU Delegation would be delighted to receive letters expressing the interest to host such celebrations by city authorities, which would like to team up for Europe Day.
- 12/01/11 - EU struggles against dioxin and foot and mouth disease
- 10/01/11 - European Commissioner Štefan Füle arrives to Kyiv for high-level talks
- Remarks by President Barroso at the press point after the Chernobyl Pledging Conference in Kiev
- 06/01/11 - €6,7 million available for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova under new Erasmus Mundus projects
The European Commission has issued a call for proposals worth almost €100 million for 2011 in the framework of the EU-funded programme Erasmus Mundus II. Of this, €36 million is available for ENPI countries under Erasmus Mundus Partnerships, including €6,7 for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova.