The EU Delegation to Ukraine launches initiative “EUROBUS: UNITING UKRAINE” (10/06/2014)
Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine invites to join street information and educational event “EURObus: uniting Ukraine”, which will take place:
12th of June at 12.00 in Kirovograd at address: “Studio on Dvortsova” (Dvortsova Str. 12).
13th of June at 12.00 in Kryvyi Rig at address: Art Maidan (Karla Marksa Avenue 23).
Organizers call Ukrainians to meet EURObus in their city, communicate with EU diplomats, participate in discussion clubs, test knowledge on the European Union during quizzes, together with artists to knit a joint Ukrainian and European flag, attend a series of workshops, street library and a photo exhibition on European topics.
EURObus - is an alternative way of educational activities on European topics aimed at uniting Ukraine and EU as well as increasing interest of residents of small towns to euro integration issues. EU delegation representatives will also visit Poltava and Cherkasy (June 17-18, respectively) within EURObus initiative.
Participation is free!
All interested citizens are invited for:
What? Opening of the initiative “EURObus: uniting Ukraine” with series of street interactive entertaining activities dedicated to European integration issues
When? 12 June, 2014, from 12:00 till 14:00
13 June, 2014, from 12:00 till 14:00
Where? Kirovograd, “Studio on Dvortsova” (Dvortsova Str. 12).
Kryvyi Rig, ArtMaidan (Karla Marksa Avenue 23).
- Zoltan Szalai, Head of Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
- Victoria Davydova, Press and Information Officer of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
- Experts of Ukrainian non-governmental organizations;
- Coordinators and activists of local euroclubs;
- Craftsmen on street knitting, volunteers of “EURObus: uniting Ukraine” initiative.
During “EURObus” initiative guests will be able to:
• take part in “EURObus” opening, communicate with EU diplomats;
• get to know more “About Europe”: open air debate club with coffee and croissants;
• win memorable prizes during a quiz on knowledge of facts about the EU;
• join street photo exhibition “Euro Sooshka”, leave own photos made in Europe and take photographs of other participants as a token;
• participate in workshop on knitting “Uniting Ukraine and EU” and together with artists create knitted flags of Ukraine and symbolically decorate trees with them;
• get involved in popular European initiative “bookcrossing”: bring old books in different languages and take any other book to own liking;
• together with artists decorate art-object in blue and yellow ornament with EU stars;
• read press and literature in foreign languages, EU information materials;
• join puzzle-zone where children will be able to amuse themselves and get souvenirs.
“EURObus: uniting Ukraine” initiative is organized within “Building Europe in Ukraine” information campaign implemented by the EU Delegation to Ukraine across the country. The campaign is aimed at explaining the importance of signing the Association Agreement, spreading European values and increasing citizens’ understanding of the EU-Ukraine relations. The EU Delegation to Ukraine invites all interested citizens to join the information campaign’s activities.
For further information, please, contact Kateryna Grygorenko, firstname.lastname@example.org, 097-354-68-11, 093-931-13-32.