EU Delegation invites to discuss cooperation between Ukraine and the European Union (23/04/2014)
On 25th of April, 2014 at 10.30 discussion “Ukrainian society and European integration: experts’ opinions” will be organized in Khmelnytskiy. The event will take place in the conference hall of Chamber of Commerce and Industry (109/1 Podilska Str., 2ndfloor). Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine welcomes to discuss about the current stage of EU-Ukraine relations, and also prospects of further cooperation and European integration of Ukraine.
In the course of the discussion experts will speak in detail about the current state of political relations between the EU and Ukraine, consider internal reforms that are needed for integration with the European Union, analyze role and impact of the Association Agreement on social and economic development of the country, and also introduce to the participants prospects of visa-free regime with the EU under the conditions of a unique historical period.
The EU Delegation in Ukraine invites civil society leaders and journalists, representatives of local self-governing bodies and business circles, experts on European integration, experts on international relations and analysts, professors and students, - to discuss a range of political, economic, social and other questions that emerge as a result of closer cooperation with the EU.
All interested citizens are invited to attend:
What? Discussion “Ukrainian society and European integration: experts’ opinions” from 10:30 till 13:00
When? 25th of April, 2014 (Friday)
Where? Khmelnytskiy, 109/1 Podilska Str., Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Khmelnytskiy (2nd floor)
Why? Participants will discuss the following questions:
• EU-Ukraine relations in the context of current social and political situation in Ukraine;
• Analysis and refuting of the Association Agreement myths;
• What are the new opportunities and challenges of the Association agreement for social and economic development of Ukraine?;
• What internal reforms are essential for Ukraine to move further to the EU?;
• Movement towards a visa-free regime with the EU: where is Ukraine now?;
• What is required for efficient completion of the reforms initiated by the government in the framework of visa liberalization?;
• Pieces of advice on how to work with EU-related information.
• Expert of the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine;
• Iryna Sushko, Head of “Europe without barriers” civic initiative;
• Volodymyr Yermolenko, director of EU-related media projects at Internews Ukraine and senior professor of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, doctor of political studies (EHESS, Paris);
• Sergiy Sydorenko, journalist, expert on European integration, special correspondent of “Kommersant- Ukraine” newspaper in 2005-2013, trainer in BBC/Media Neighbourhood project for Ukrainian media.
Discussion is organized within “Building Europe in Ukraine” information campaign conducted by the EU Delegation to Ukraine during the year. The campaign is aimed at spreading European values and raising citizens’ awareness on the EU-Ukraine relations.
Seating is limited: preliminary registration for the event is required. For further information and registration, please, contact Olga Sushytska, 067-243-63-55, email@example.com.