The EU Delegation organizes a seminar on current stage of EU-Ukraine relations in Vinnytsya (17/02/2014)
On February 18, 2014 at 10.00 in Vinnytsya (conference hall of trade centre “Megamoll”, 17, 600-years Str.) the EU Delegation to Ukraine organizes a seminar “Current stage of EU-Ukraine relations”. The EU Delegation warmly invites EU experts, representatives of local self-governing bodies, civil society leaders, media and representatives of business circles to discuss myths and realities, current stage and future prospects of EU-Ukraine relations.
In particular, experts will discuss political, trade and economic relations between EU and Ukraine in the context of current social and political situation in Ukraine, reform of local governance as one of key priorities of the European integration, and financial support of the EU to Ukraine.
All interested citizens are invited to attend:
What? Seminar “Current stage of EU-Ukraine relations” from 10:00 to 13:00
When? 18th of February, 2014 (Tuesday)
Where? Vinnytsya, trade centre “Megamoll”, 17, 600-years Street, conference hall on the 2nd floor
Why? Participants of the seminar will discuss the following questions:
• EU-Ukraine relations in context of current social and political situation in Ukraine;
• Economic and trade aspects of EU-Ukraine relations. Economic advantages and challenges from signing of the Association Agreement with the EU and their significance for the understanding of the current situation;
• Reform of local governance system as an essential element of rapprochement of Ukraine and EU;
• Analysis and refuting of the Association Agreement myths;
• Pieces of advice on how to work with EU-related information.
• Jocelyn Guitton, Trade Affairs Manager of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
• Victoria Davydova, Press and Information Officer of the EU Delegation to Ukraine;
• Hennadiy Druzenko, legal expert, expert on constitutional law, translator, publicist, partner and head of EU Law Practice of the law firm “Constructive Lawyers”
• Volodymyr Yermolenko, director of EU-related media projects at Internews Ukraine and senior professor of National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, doctor of political studies (EHESS, Paris).
Seminar is a part of “Building Europe in Ukraine” information campaign conducted by the EU Delegation to Ukraine during the year. The campaign is aimed at spreading European values and raising citizens’ awareness on the EU-Ukraine relations.
Seating is limited: preliminary registration for the event is required. For further information and registration, please, contact Kateryna Grygorenko, firstname.lastname@example.org, 097-354-68-11, 093-931-13-32.