Chronology of Bilateral Relations
- 19 December - Timor-Leste ratifies the Cotonou Agreement, joining the ACP-EC Partnership Agreement
- 22 June - Signature of the Establishment agreement between the European Commission and the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
- 24 November - Signature of the Memorandum of Understanding and the handing over of Casa Europa to the European Commission.
- 24 November - Signature of the addendum to the Country Strategy Paper and National Indicative Program between the European Union and Timor-Leste (2008-2013) for an additional indicative allocation of 18 million EURO.
- 24 November - Casa Europa and the Delegation of the European Commission in Timor-Leste are officially inaugurated in Dili.
- 25 February - First Political Dialogue under Art. 8 of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement