'Saving lives and livelihoods by preparing for natural disaster' is the core principle on which the European Commission has based its disaster preparedness programme "DIPECHO" since 1996.
The European Training Foundation is supporting a reform of vocational education and training in Tajikistan that offers an interesting case study, stressing the importance of knowledge sharing for long-term capacity development.
18/11/11 - THE EUROPEAN UNION SUPPORTS HIGHER EDUCATION REFORM - TEMPUS INFORMATION DAY IN TAJIKISTAN
European Union's education programme TEMPUS announces the Information Day, which will be held on the 18th of November in Dushanbe, at the Hall of the Tajik State University of Commerce (1/2 Dehoti str).
- 04/11/11 - 23/11/11 -
- 04/11/11 - FINAL CONFERENCE OF THE EU FUNDED PROJECT "DEVELOPMENT OF A HEALTH MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN TAJIKISTAN"
The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tajikistan held the Final Conference for the EU funded HMIS II Project on September 26 at the Conference Hall Kohi Vahdat in Dushanbe.
- 01/11/11 - EUROPEAN WEEK 2011 – "YOUTH BRINGS US CLOSER"
The Delegation of the European Union to Tajikistan is extending a public invitation to its annual European Week 2011, which will be held November 2-15.
- 27/10/11 - REFORM OF RESIDENTIAL BUILDING MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT INTERIM RESULTS DISCUSSIONS
- 25/10/11 - EU-Tajikistan Human Rights Dialogue
- 20/10/11 - "FROM MORATORIUM TOWARDS ABOLITION OF THE DEATH PENALTY IN TAJIKISTAN: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS"
- 18/10/11 - Second International Agribusiness Investment Forum on October 18th and 19th 2011 in Dushanbe [87 KB]
- 13/10/11 - ECHO and Focus towards recognizing the International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction [59 KB]
- 10/10/11 - Joint declaration by Catherine Ashton, European Union High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, and Thorbjørn Jagland, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, on the European and World Day against the Death Penalty, 10 October 2011
- 07/10/11 - Search and Rescue Equipment Hand-over to the Committee of Emergency Situations and Civil Defense
- 07/10/11 - Tajikistan: Using natural resources more efficiently to end poverty and hunger
- 05/10/11 - Press Cafe on Food Safety and Quality Control of fresh and processed fruit and vegetable production in Tajikistan
- 29/09/11 - EU CONTINUES TO SUPPORT HEALTH MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT IN TAJIKISTAN
The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tajikistan held the 3rd Steering Committee for the EU funded HMIS II Project on September 23 at the Republican Centre of Statistics and Medical Information.
- 29/09/11 - Tajikistan - Kyrgyzstan: DIPECHO VI facilitates cross-border cooperation [339 KB]
- 22/09/11 - The European Union is supporting the Ministry of Health in enhancing Health Policy through the World Health Organization
- 20/09/11 - EU EDUCATION PROGRAMME AWARDS SCHOLARSHIPS TO TAJIK STUDENTS
- 12/09/11 - REFORM OF RESIDENTIAL BUILDING MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT HAS NOT BEEN IMPLEMENTED YET
- 11/09/11 - 11 September: Europe remembers
As the world looks back on the terrible events of 11 September 2001, the EU remembers the victims of terrorism everywhere, and reflects on what has been done to combat the risks of terrorism at home and abroad.
- 08/09/11 - CONGRATULATIONS OF THE DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION TO TAJIKISTAN ON THE INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY
- 02/09/11 - REPORTS IN TAJIK MEDIA ON STATEMENTS BY THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL ON INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- 01/09/11 - EUROPEAN UNION PROVIDES 26 MLN EUR TO SUPPORT HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
- 18/08/11 - World Humanitarian Day: Honouring the people helping people
19 August is World Humanitarian Day and as every year since 2008, tomorrow the European Commission will honour those who dedicate their lives to preserving and improving the lives of others who need assistance to survive.
- 29/07/11 - European Union provides assistance to flooded districts
The European Commission allocated 175,000 Tajik Somoni (€ 25,000) to bring relief to over 200 affected families, the victims of summer floods in Sughd region of Tajikistan.
- 28/07/11 - EUROPEAN UNION – TAJIKISTAN CIVIL SOCIETY SEMINAR DISCUSSED RIGHTS OF LABOUR MIGRANTS
- 05/07/11 - EU Statement on the continued arrest of Urunboy Usmonov - Request for immediate release [8 KB]
The EU Delegation remains nevertheless deeply concerned by the fact that charges are, however, still being brought against Mr Usmonov, especially since these charges are related to practices which are generally accepted to be standard journalistic activity.
- 30/06/11 - EUROPEAN UNION PROJECT RAISES LABOUR MIGRATION ISSUES
- 20/06/11 - Joint statement by European Union Heads of Missions in Dushanbe [7 KB]
- 14/06/11 - European Union and UNDP Hand Over Constructed and Equipped Border Crossing Point “Patar” to the Government of Tajikistan
- 09/06/11 - THE RIGHT TO ADEQUATE HOUSING: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS IN TAJIKISTAN
- 01/06/11 - EUROPEAN UNION SUPPORTS COMMUNITY BASED TUBERCULOSIS PREVENTION IN SOUTHERN TAJIKISTAN
- 22/04/11 - Joint Press Release Following the European Union – Central Asia Ministerial Meeting in Tashkent, April 7th 2011
- 07/04/11 - EUROPEAN UNION ANNOUNCES INTERNATIONAL DRAWING COMPETITION ON GENDER EQUALITY
- 16/03/11 - FIRST MEETING OF THE CO-OPERATION COMMITTEE BETWEEN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
- 15/03/11 - Central Asian Border Security Issues Discussed in Dushanbe
- 08/03/11 - Statement on the International Women's Day
- 22/02/11 - REGIONAL MEETING ON YOUTH PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT [99 KB]
- 16/02/11 - EUROPEAN UNION STRONGLY CONDEMNS THE ATTACK ON HIKMATULLO SAIFULLOZODA
- 14/01/11 - ERASMUS MUNDUS CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- 14/01/11 - ERASMUS MUNDUS INFO DAY
- 04/01/11 - EUROPEAN UNION CONTINUES ITS SUPPORT TO THE CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS IN TAJIKISTAN