Delegation to South Africa
The European Commission has launched the first phase of a new programme that will foster Africa's integration process at continental level - the first ever EU programme in development and cooperation that covers Africa as a whole. The so-called Pan-African Programme will fund activities in a broad range of areas and offer new possibilities for the EU and Africa to work together. Today’s decision will launch projects for the period 2014-2017, with a total allocation of €415 million.
EXTENSION OF DEADLINE DATE
- Following a corrigendum to the call for proposals:
The deadline for submission of Concept Notes and Full Applications has been extended to 5 September 2014 at 17h00
The EU has adopted the 2014-2016 African Peace Facility action programme to support the African Union and sub-regional organisations in their peace and security efforts.
Working together in South Africa
Cato Manor is a vibrant makeshift and growing community of 150,000 people that thrived for half a century in the shadow of a city that excluded them. The CDMP redresses past wrongs through provision of housing, infrastructure and employment access.
29/08/14 - Opening remarks by EU High Representative Catherine Ashton at the Informal meeting of European Union Foreign Ministers (Gymnich) [388 KB]
Foreign Ministers will come together at this Gymnich meeting and talk on a slightly more informal basis but also a more strategic basis.
- 28/08/14 - Statement by the Spokesperson on South Sudan [428 KB]
- 28/08/14 - Invitation to a background press briefing on the EU response to the Ebola crisis [466 KB]
- 28/08/14 - EUTM Somalia Training Activities in Mogadishu Continue with the Graduation of Three Courses and the Beginning of other two Courses for The SNA [18 KB]
- 27/08/14 - Statement on the ceasefire in Gaza [466 KB]