EU Delegation to Somalia
25/02/2015 - BBC Somali social-media audiences to interview EU Ambassador to Somalia [152 KB]
The first annual Ministerial High Level Partnership Forum was held in Copenhagen 19-20 November, co-chaired by HE Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, the President of the Federal Government of Somalia, and the United Nations, and hosted by the Government of Denmark. Fifty-six delegations gathered to review progress made since the Brussels Conference in September 2013, where the New Deal Somali Compact was endorsed, acknowledge challenges encountered in 2014, and identify priorities for 2015. The endorsement of the New Deal Somali Compact marked a new phase in the political relationship between Somalia and the international community. Read more - link http://bit.ly/1zEUfsb
The EU supports the WWI project that seeks to enhance girls’ participation in education through the provision of sanitary kits to vulnerable girls in 20 secondary schools in Puntland. It is envisaged that provision of girls with sanitary kits - including sanitary napkins, three pants and soap - will enable girls to go school, even during their menstrual cycle, and thus support girls' enrolment in schools. Read more about the impact of sanitary kits and girl friendly spaces in Somali schools in this article by Sahro Koshin, the Gender Technical Advisor to the Puntland Ministry of Education on http://bit.ly/1zzvTCJ
After two decades of committed joint efforts from the Ghanaian government and international partners, the European Union (EU) and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) are delighted that the World Health Organisation has certified Ghana as free of the Guinea-Worm disease.
- 20/02/15 - Local EU Statement on the abolition of the death penalty in Fiji [354 KB]
- 19/02/15 - EU wins a WTO dispute on Chinese anti-dumping duties
- 19/02/15 - European Commission stands by Italy on coping with migratory pressure on Lampedusa
- Press release European Commission Brussels, 19 February 2015 Today the European Commission has announced that it is stepping up its assistance to Italy. Firstly, the Frontex Joint Operation Triton will be extended until at least the end of 2015.
- 18/02/15 - Statement by High Representative/Vice President Federica Mogherini and Commissioner Johannes Hahn on the appointment of Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici and the formation of the government in the Republic of Moldova
European Commission - Statement Statement Statement 18 February 2015 We congratulate Prime Minister Chiril Gaburici on his appointment and on the formation of the new government. We are looking forward to continuing our cooperation and swiftly implementing our Association Agreement to the benefit of the people.